• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB: CRCRC PSU

It looks like the LT4320 based ideal rectifier boards will also support the GSIB (Vishay PB) as well as the GBU style packages. Is there a way to have the CRCRC board support both footprints?

I have been looking at bridge rectifiers with the Vishay PB footprint as alternates to the ideal rectifier boards for their high current and low forward voltage properties. It would be convenient to have the CRCRC board go both ways.

I tried it, but was not possible to maintain adequate trace widths in the design. it was either vishay pb or ideal bridge. Ideal bridge will have super low Vf:)
At that stage many people wanted ideal bridge compatibility, so i did that.

Discussions here. CRC Power Supply (Class A amplifier)

one could still make use of PB type and chassis mount type rectifiers and mount them on chassis and connect the raw DC to DC+/DC-/GND.

Last edited:
Thank you, I am looking forward to getting the CRCRC boards and trying out the ideal rectifiers with them. It looks like the first build with these will be a FirstWatt M2x clone. I have ordered a 400VA transformer with 18V secondaries, and hope to preserve as much voltage as possible for the power rails.

Hello all,
I got about 100 of the CRC PCBs delivered. 70 microns of copper on both sides and 2.4mm thick base, makes it look very sturdy!
Also the LT4320 from china by DHL in the last week.

I will take things easy and start sending out invoices as and when I get a moment. With financial year end, job demands more attention!:sigh:.

Regards
Prasi

Attachments

• IMG-20190325-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20190325-WA0043.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG-20190325-WA0045.jpg
    IMG-20190325-WA0045.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG-20190325-WA0048.jpg
    IMG-20190325-WA0048.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG-20190325-WA0065.jpg
    IMG-20190325-WA0065.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 438
Ok, done updating the sheet and sending invoices for today:boggled: Made some mistakes too :headshot:.

Here is the google sheets link
CRCRC GB LIST - Google Sheets

Request everyone to check the current activity (invoice sent or not, confirmation of payment, shipped or not, etc ) on the google sheet. Posting list with statuses here every time makes the thread somewhat complicated while trying to find something.
I have also posted the link to the google sheets in first post for convenience.

regards
Prasi