Headphone Amp Photo Gallery

Here are a couple of mine, both Kevin Gilmore designs.

A Gilmore DynaFET (FET version of DynaHi), internal.
IMG_2873.jpg Dyna 2.jpg

Mini Dynalo, mostly SMD, runs hot.
2018-08-19 17.43.23.jpg 2018-01-18 11.43.54-1.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Here is a portable unit with 3 Meier cross-feed levels. I used SMD cross-feed components on the backside of the board near the DP4T switch. The buffer is a JFET-input CFP.

After using this for awhile I've learned that I don't need 3 crossfeed levels - just a high and a low would be fine for me.

jason

Attachments

• tripleXfeed_in.jpg
    tripleXfeed_in.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 9
  • tripleXfeed_out.jpg
    tripleXfeed_out.jpg
    495.6 KB · Views: 9
@Pars you old devil! Showing off that Gilmore kit. That DynaFet is very rare beast, if you say it's his best, I'll believe you. I looked into building the balanced boards and the obsolete Fets would cost £300 alone, not even closely matched.

Got my balanced CFA2 (4 boards), and SMD Dynalo. Got boards and parts for the CFA3 balanced but not for now. Building DACs now...

IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0725.JPG IMG_0622.JPG

Also have a Mini, so cute. Wish I had the case like yours, will likely get some end panels done for an existing case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I would actually say that the CFA2/3 are his best sounding amps. I had built a 2ch CFA2, which was pretty close to the DynaFET (which is also 2 ch unbalanced), but the balanced CFA3 probably sounds a bit better. My phones are modified Fostex TR50P or Dan Clark Ether C Flow planars, which take some power to sound their best.

That is an interesting 4-pin XLR jack in your last photo. What is it?

Reactions: 1 user
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user