Hello fellow audiophiles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am completely new to this website. I have recently been doing a bunch of research on building up my speakers I had purchased off craigslist. Most of my research links to this site so I decided to just join.
Originally planned on just spending the money on prebuilt studio speakers...
Of course it can't be that easy. I was all excited having this pair of, new to me, studio tower speakers of which contain two 15" pro studio woofers 1 mid and 1 tweeter horn.
First things first. What do the insides look like? I wondered before testing them...took everything out of the cabinet to inspect each driver to see what I'm dealing with. My first issue I noticed was how everything was directly connected to the terminals without a crossover...like who does this?
It was really bothersome since knowing an low frequency outside the tweeter range is sure enough going to damage it.
My next issue was how the mid range drivers were different as well as the tweeters used. The only matching drivers were the 15" woofers. Which I'm at least thankful for.
The next issue in the 2nd tower even though it had the crossover...was completely wired incorrectly. Mid connected to the capacitors...just a single resistor connected to the tweeter and no inductors to the woofers...
I just shook my head and accepted the fact that these towers are going to need some restoration.

Now with the background in place as to what brings me here...I only know the basic 1st order in crossovers 2nd order. I'm still new to all this. I have researched a lot but I lack the experience. I am hoping by joining here I may take advantage of others experience and knowledge to further improve my ability and understanding of building speakers properly and perfectly.

I may end up just copying and pasting half of this to create a new post asking for advice on what to do. Forgot this was just the intro ahah.

Keith.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.