Hornresp

A recent poll shows most Americans still think converting to metric wouldn't make a difference and I agree!... but it only applies to those that promote creationism as science and those whom refuse to read the MANUAL :rolleyes:

Hubble was originally built nearsighted because NASA refused to listen to the engineering firm building it. Where the specs were in cm, Nasa read it as inches. Doh

As a product of the first metric edu flop, Carter era, I actually learned it. The only pain is in the conversion, especially if it has to be repeated constantly. Staying in one format or the other (if possible) eases the task. Once you stop using the old way as a crutch and run with it, becomes much easier.

Altho down here in South Florida when the locals are freezing to death in winter, wearing parkas when it's in the 40's (6-7c) teasing them with, This isn't cold, heck I've worked in temps 140 degrees colder! Just doesn't have the same impact in metric ;)

Go into the field you want to alter and press [F6]

Thanks, it works :)

Why would anyone want to use obsolete Imperial units of measure?

Oh, wait... americans (GD&R!)

Oh Lol! I am not American, actually for me feets/inches are easier to imagine and understand but for cutting the wood I use "cm" for accuracy.
Regards!

We Americans, at least those of us that didn't sleep through the math/science courses in high school, can do the conversions. The problem is we don't think in metric. If we had gone metric back before the electronic calculator was invented even that would be no problem - we'd have adapted doing conversions by mental arithmetic in real time. At least today when mental arithmetic is a lost art, a calculator (and apparently an F6 key) is almost always at our fingertips!

I work in my shop with inches. I work on jobsite renovations in inches and feet. I work with buildings in inches and feet.

When I work with metric I'm just as at ease. And the math is a whole lot easier. Working with clients in Europe and Asia is much easier because they work with Metric all the time.

I learned both in school. The big switch happened in Canada came in 78 if I remember correctly.

Hi sine143,

A - How to set it up:

1. Create an OD record.
2. In Edit mode, press the Ctrl key and double-click the red OD label to change it to OD1.
3. Specify the amplifier, driver and chamber details for the driver assembly at S1.
4. Click the Activate button.

5. Create another OD record.
6. Specify the amplifier, horn, driver and chamber details for the driver assembly at S2.
7. Select the Tools > Multiple Entry Horn Wizard menu command.

B - What it lets you do:

...See the Hornresp Help file for further details.

Kind regards,

David

David,

Could you describe this process now (with the latest change) using Nd and ME1 record (i.e., a two-way multiple entry horn is good enough for example).

Clearly I've been missing something (or somethings...) since I cannot save the Nd record and get to a ME1 record with save, without either deactivating the ME1 (as a separate record) or changing the Nd record to reflect only the ME1 record, or otherwise overwriting the Nd record values.

In neither case can I see any power response from a "Multiple Enter Horn Wizard" since I can never see that option activated in the pull-down menu.

"...it's clear as mud in the help file..."

Chris

Could you describe this process now (with the latest change) using Nd and ME1 record (i.e., a two-way multiple entry horn is good enough for example).

Hi Chris,

To specify a three-way multiple entry horn, three completely separate records are required, one being an Nd record, one being a ME1 record and one being a ME2 record. These three independent records are then linked together by "activating" the ME1 and ME2 records. When any Nd record is then made the current record, it automatically looks for activated ME1 and ME2 records, and if it finds them, knows that a three-way multiple entry horn simulation is required.

For a two-way multiple entry horn, the ME2 record is not required. If a ME2 record does exist, then provided that it is not activated, it won't be detected by the Nd record. An activated ME1 record is still however necessary so that the Nd record knows that a two-way multiple entry horn is to be simulated.

Given the above information, if you now re-read the 'Multiple Entry Horn Wizard' and 'Two-Way or Three-Way Multiple Entry Horn' sections in the Help file, hopefully things will make a bit more sense.

If the above information is still not sufficient, please let me know.

Kind regards,

David

Thanks David...it was that simple insight that did it for me, i.e., two or three separate records are required instead of one Nd record that is somehow edited to include another "hidden" database ME1 and perhaps a ME2 record:

For two-way multiple entry (e.g., Synergy, Unity, etc. horns), two separate records are required: the first being an Nd record, and the second of which is made into a ME1 record which is set to "activate" after editing its contents before returning to the earlier Nd original compression driver/horn conventional horn record and selecting "edit" again that one to be able to see the "Multiple Entry Horn Wizard" option in the pull-down Tools menu. Then all the tweaking is done interactively with the performance results shown within that utility.

For three-way multiple entry, just add one more record to the database that is a "ME2" record, then also "activate" after setting the prior "ME1" record to "activate", before returning to the original compression driver/conventional horn record to "edit" and use the Multiple Entry Horn Wizard utility to see the performance results interactively.

Chris

Last edited:
Thanks David...it was that simple insight that did it for me, i.e., two or three separate records are required instead of one Nd record that is somehow edited to include another "hidden" database ME1 and perhaps a ME2 record

Hi Chris,

You've got it :).

Note that the three records do not have to be consecutive, they can be located anywhere in the database, and it is okay to have multiple ME1 and ME2 records to choose from. It is just a matter of activating the one or two that you want to link to the selected Nd record. For a three-way system, it doesn't matter if the ME2 record is activated before the ME1 record. Activating a ME1 record deactivates any previously activated ME1 record, so that only one ME1 record is activated at any given time. Similarly, activating a ME2 record deactivates any previously activated ME2 record.

It's all in the Help file :).

Kind regards,

David