Hornresp

Hello, simulating an 8th order parallel bandpass enclosure for my 18sw-115 drivers, just downloaded the newest version of hornresp, not sure which I had before but it was a few months since I updated.

Where it said calculate before it now says "wizard" (which was located under "tools" before?). IIRC before when I pressed calculate, I could see the volume in liters occupied by each compartment of the box (ports, chambers etc.) but now I cant. I want to see how many liters the different ports of the box occupy in the schematics window like I could before if I'm not mistaken. Is this possible?

stv

Joined 2005
Paid Member
BP8.png
@Osse - does this answer your question?

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your help, what I want is hornresp to calculate the volume automatically when I hover with my mouse over a specific compartment, this is what I'm looking for but for the 8th order bandpass simulation:

When I hover with my mouse above either the port or the enclosure I get the individual volume of that compartment, this is when I press calculate on a ported enclosure. Must be a reason why this is available when pressing calculate but not possible while in the Loudspeaker wizard, I just dont understand why it would not when the parameters of cross sectional area Ap1/2/3 and port length Lp1/2/3 are specified. Is it possible to see this some way?

Attachments

• port volume ported enclosure.png
    port volume ported enclosure.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If I take total volume of the 8th order bandpass cab I've simulated, minus the volume of the A, B and C chamber (Vc1, 2, 3) I end up with 48 liters to spare, hence I'm lead to believe hornresp has the ports calculated aswell and this is their total volume, just that it doesn't show in the same way as when calculating a ported enclosure for some reason.

just that it doesn't show in the same way as when calculating a ported enclosure for some reason.

It is not just the band pass wizard that doesn't show port volume, no other loudspeaker wizard does either.

Band pass loudspeaker chamber volumes are given by the Vc slider values and the total system volume (including port volumes) is shown in the schematic diagram heading. If necessary, individual port volumes can be readily calculated by multiplying Ap and Lp slider values.

Reactions: 1 user