Input buffer for LuDEF, SissySIT and similar amplifiers

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Perhaps more like "Heresy"?
No need for more creative naming. That is required if you can’t design something new, so you attach fancy name to something ordinary.

ZM’s designs are a rare example where along with new and original design goes also very unique project name. Pa should borrow from him. That F1,F2,F3,F4… naming scheme is boring, though being always something new and original, fancy names are not required. :D

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Hi @tombo56,

This buffer has been the front end to my M2 Clone amp for some time and now its time for a change. My plan is to replace the M2 Clone boards with EUVL's M2OPS amp boards. Since no more Iron for gain, the buffer will be adjusted to provide 12dB.
My question is how/where to connect these two boards?
For M2OPS SE input, -In will is jumperd to GND.
I'm thinking buffer signal output should connect directly to the vacated M2OPS opamp (U4) pin6 location.
Next question, does C2 need to be in the signal path since TomboBuffer has ultra low DC offset at output?
Power for the buffer could use pins4/7 from U4 socket or come directly from power supply board, which would be preferred?

M2OPS schematic is attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Opamp M2OPS Power Amp Sch.png
    Opamp M2OPS Power Amp Sch.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1124.jpeg
    IMG_1124.jpeg
    545.3 KB · Views: 112
Joined 2019
Paid Member
I'm thinking buffer signal output should connect directly to the vacated M2OPS opamp (U4) pin6 location.
That would be the right connection point. C2 should remain as Q2 gate is not on the ground potential.
But, that buffer can’t provide more than 11 Vrms at the output (with readjustment of on-board regulators to +/- 18V supply. Is this enough for intended use? M2 output stage can provide more.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
if you take OP as part, considering it's role - you'll always find several types presumably (and certainly) working equally good

so, no reason that any of them is suddenly hoppla! Mana from Heaven

same as proof is in da pudding, quality of stage is in execution - so , whatever (important!) PSU/reg, properly routed pcb and - not less important - impedances in NFB loop

so, yes - any decent OP will be happysounding buffer. when made properly

opa551 included

if it's decent - dunno, didn't check datasheet :clown: