IRFZ44N replacement?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IRFZ44N

Hi,

Aren't these still available at say DigiKey?

If I recall these devices are supposed logic level threshold switching devices. (the compliment device code escapes me at the moment) IRFZ5902???

I used a pair of each (Pch and Nch) to build a H bridge for motor control.

I have a pair, used, but as far as known still perfectly functional.

Last edited:
The gate resistor value is 2k Ohms.

Best I can tell there are no transistors between the the driver IC and the gate resistors.

The driver IC is a SG3525A.

Attachments

• 20190309_144409.jpg
    20190309_144409.jpg
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 309
The PBF stands for lead (PB) free (F). I always buy the IRFZ44V for rebuilding power supplies, it just looks to me the best performing one for the money. I think the letter at the end (N, V, or whatever) is maybe the revision, so possible that V is newer than N? Mouser and Digikey both have lots in stock.

I was advised to use IRFZ44 for PPI amps using the SG3525 with 100ohm gate resistors - this was for the M/AM series however. I was told the IRFZ44N's could cause issues.

PPI used different fets throughout production based on what they could get at the time. I have seen IRFZ48's with 100ohm gate resistors used in the A series as original equipment. They used different fets with the same drive circuits through production also. I imagine as long as the drive signals are clean in circuit it will be ok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.