Iron Pumpkin(s) and other smaller vegetable animals, Tips 'n' Tricks thread

Made some more progress. Everything is finished now except for input and output wiring.

Kudos to @Gianluca and the team at Modushop for an awesome chassis and great work on the front plate for me! It really turned out great and I'm very pleased with how it looks.

IMG_00649.JPG

The rest came together nicely. I chose the 400mm deep chassis in order to keep some space between the power transformers and the circuit board. I probably could have done well with the 300mm deep chassis, oh well...

IMG_00652.JPG

IMG_00653.JPG

The knobs on the front are also from Modushop, they look great and have nice locking nuts that hold them firmly to the switch shafts. I drilled out the holes on the back below the volume knob for the LEDs and used a 20k resistor to tame the brightness level.

IMG_00657.JPG

The back panel turned out OK. The table on my drill press is pretty small, so I wasn't able to set up a fence to keep all of the holes nice and straight. As a result, my stepped bit wandered a little as I drilled some of the holes. Overall, they came out ok. The fuse is 500ma.

IMG_00658.JPG

Just need a little more time now to wire up the RCA jacks and I'll be back up and running. I have a bunch of 30ga silver wire and teflon tubing left over from making interconnects that I'll use for this job. It's surprising how heavy it is once all of the pieces get put together. Finally, I didn't realize that the Modushop chassis came with feet, so I had already ordered a set of machined aluminum feet from ebay. Oops...

Can't wait to get it into the equipment rack!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 8 users
It’s DIY: I have a spool of 30ga 0.999 fine silver wire (purchased long ago from Myron Toback) and hand fed it through some 28ga PTFE spaghetti tubing ordered from McMasterCarr. Everything is cut to length and assembled for each use. There is a link on my web page (signature below) for DIY Silver Interconnects that has more detail.

Last edited: