Is it allowed to use First Watt name and logo on DIY builds?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
re: the picture and spelling: I'm not sure how that's relevant to the sticker scenario. Either way, that depiction might fall into "cause confusion in the market" as interpreted by some that have the power to enforce.

If your intent is to understand, ask someone. They'll likely help you.

If you're trying to justify actions already taken by you or others, that's your own personal alignment with the "real deal". I won't help you justify it, and I condemn similar actions taken by others. My personal condemnation holds no weight in court, but it is based on a direct and applied knowledge in the field along with my personal ethics.

Unless new material surfaces or I'm asked directly for information, I'll move away from this thread by not watching it any longer. I think my position is clear on the entire subject throughout the thread. Beating the same drum is not a great way for me to convey fact and opinion. I am neither the most articulate, nor the most concise. Other's thoughts may differ from my own, and they deserve to voice their own opinions. However, the facts remain, and they have been stated clearly, in my opinion.

Cheers

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
"as I remember a court case a few years ago (But we still need to respect the "Wishes" of Nelson).........You can make and sell and post stickers using a trademarked logo as long as the logo owner is not also making and selling stickers.
Probably the line gets drawn where you then put the sticker on a product....

I think we are already clear on what's OK and what's not. As long as it's obviously
DIY, there's no reason for anyone to get excited.

:snail:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I do not mean to stir the pot but just to present one more option.

One manufacturer of large and very expensive power amps have made key chains. That way it is easy to reuse and hang onto equipment one finds worthy :clown:.
gryphon1.jpg gryphon2.jpg
However, I also vote for the living longer option.

Btw. it was a rather OK sounding tube preamp on the bench.

I think there will not be anything official.

As Mr. Pass said in this thread long time ago: he prefers "Pass DIY" logo.

And just a few post above he said:
"I think we are already clear on what's OK and what's not. As long as it's obviously DIY, there's no reason for anyone to get excited."
Post #142

That's how it is, I suppose.
- Alvis