JFET Active Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thanks Andrew, attached pic to be sure.

About 3 way: I have to make 2 HP + 1 LP right?

Attachments

• 24dB_LP.gif
    24dB_LP.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 447
Remember to check your cascade of output offsets.
If it gets too high you may want to consider the Feucht added source resistor.

The Bass needs a 4pole Low Pass LR

The mid needs a 4 pole High Pass LR and a 4pole Low Pass LR. The Low Pass LR feeds the Mid amp. The output of the High Pass LR feeds the treble stage.

The treble needs a 4 pole High Pass LR.

This gives the basic LR4 3way. All the 2pole stages are Butterworth.

You may want to consider adding a High Pass for the Bass to protect against over excursion.
And consider a Low Pass for the treble to cut a bit more of the RF.
And attenuation+Buffer for the two most sensitive drivers.
And Baffle step for the Mid.
And some other EQs for any or all three drivers
And .....

Here is the HP sch and the 3way for an LR4
I have not implemented any EQ yet.
Will listen for a long while before I think about adding anything.

Note that with the HP, the input cap to each filter blocks the previous output offset.
Only in the LP & B do the offsets add up.
Thus the mid has 4 cascaded stages that should be checked for excessive output offset. The bass has 3 cascaded stages.

I took the power from the raw PSU +ve and 0V of the power amp. That's why I incorporated RCRC and used fairly high values of R (330||330) to drop the voltage.

Attachments

• 3WayLR4a.png
    3WayLR4a.png
    928.8 KB · Views: 406
  • HighPassLR4a.png
    HighPassLR4a.png
    760.9 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Thank you Andrew, (like we said in Spanish) "an image suits more than one thousand words". Could you post the LP filter? Attached your schematic with some doubts that I have? what are the bias voltage value? could I use other FETs? I guess isn't necessary to be matched, right?

Last edited:
The bias voltage is set with the 10k & 9k1. Smoothed with the 220uF.
I set it very slightly below 50%, to get a little further away from the 2nd harmonic that sets in with single ended followers at the extremes of input voltage.
You should be able to get a fairly clean 5Vac with 19V on the supply. This is well above (+6dB) the 2.2Vac to 2.4Vac that comes from highish output CDP. I don't know if any other Source is higher.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.