John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am living 1/2 an hour south of Paderborn. Kassel is 100Km to the east, Dortmund is 100kM to the west. The last half year i listen only to vinyl. I have a Spiral Grove SG 1 table with Triplanar 6 arm and Titan i cartridge on an isolation table designed by me.
I use my own preamps and various amps. At the moment i use a preamp with balanced input. It has two outputs. One output goes to modified LA Audio Tube monoblocks with passive filtering into open baffle speakers. They have 100dB efficiency a pair at 8 Ohm.
See my MPL tread for more information. The other output goes to an open baffle active subwoofer. The speakers are a bit more then 2m from my ears and more then 3m apart. Cables are made by me and i use Vaccuum State ribbon speaker cables at the moment.
I have a dedicated power supply to my listening room. Power is filtered and distributed to the components. My room is around 27qm. Floor is 30cm concrete with granite on top. Walls are around 60cm thick and the cealing is concrete with solid maple. You can see a lot of pictures on my MPP and MPL thread.

Attachments

• jag1967.jpg
    jag1967.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 208
I am living 1/2 an hour south of Paderborn. Kassel is 100Km to the east, Dortmund is 100kM to the west. The last half year i listen only to vinyl. I have a Spiral Grove SG 1 table with Triplanar 6 arm and Titan i cartridge on an isolation table designed by me.
I use my own preamps and various amps. At the moment i use a preamp with balanced input. It has two outputs. One output goes to modified LA Audio Tube monoblocks with passive filtering into open baffle speakers. They have 100dB efficiency a pair at 8 Ohm.
See my MPL tread for more information. The other output goes to an open baffle active subwoofer. The speakers are a bit more then 2m from my ears and more then 3m apart. Cables are made by me and i use Vaccuum State ribbon speaker cables at the moment.
I have a dedicated power supply to my listening room. Power is filtered and distributed to the components. My room is around 27qm. Floor is 30cm concrete with granite on top. Walls are around 60cm thick and the cealing is concrete with solid maple. You can see a lot of pictures on my MPP and MPL thread.

Thanks :). May I meet you when I am near? Usually in summer, July. Or you are invited if in Prague.

Best,

Some people in High End Audio had luck. They offered the right product at the right time.I am happy for those people and not yealous at all. In fact Van den Hul send me a Cartridge he build for me for free some years ago. I only wanted to emphasize that the most creative designers often do not get he recocnition and consequently the payment they deserve. Beeing a good busyness man and being a good designer at ones is rare.

I do not have my own company any more. I founded Audio Physic in 1985. That was very successful and i was the sole owner and CEO from 1991 to 2004. I am working as freelance for some top audio companies namely Sonics ( that caries my name) and others i can not name. My adventure into electronics did not create an income so far. I am doing that for my own pleasure momentaryly.

Status
Not open for further replies.