John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is: I usually don't want to take apart my existing system to try a new amp. I DO need someone to evaluate it, so others do it for me, and this should remove at least one layer of prejudice. I DO measure my designs rather completely, but I also rely on independent testing by Stereophile, if it becomes available.

Actually, while I do like to kid about it, I never shy away from double bilnd tests, my only rule being that I am NOT a part of it. Not even present at the crime scene is best, I think, people can sometimes be a little squimish in the author's presence, and that is a bias factor, therefore is unwanted.

I do so because my feeling is that this is a valuable form of feedback, one not to be rubbed off easily. Especially if the people on the panel are people I know to be trained listeners. To me, that's another part of the jigsaw puzzle without which it cannot be complete.

That said, I still feel I can be objective enough all by myself to get it at least generally right. I totally agree with John on this, if one doesn't or feels he cannot trust his own hearing, he's in the wrong hobby (for me, profession for John).

bring my mini-me.

Driving a Cooper is one way to keep a pinky.

Your torso/leg ratio looks too large to fit comfortably in either of the three anyway. A Phaeton/A6-A8/Panamera beats their headroom blindfolded.

(Have to stop making queer jokes, I'm starting to sound faggy myself. According to Charlie Harper, they like to be called fags again)

Status
Not open for further replies.