Lowther's New Premium Range

Joined 2022
Paid Member
I put in a request for a quote for the drivers via Lowther’s website and got a response saying I’ll be hearing from their US distributor, Fidelity. That was a couple of months ago and Fidelity hasn’t responded at all even after I emailed them a few times, so I’m not sure they sell directly to individuals. Probably need to wait for a US dealer to make them available.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
Carefully designed LCR network(s) would help or dsp.

Nelson Pass made an active EQ helping fullrange drivers. Any of these will eliminate the shout.

It simply it is not true that application of EQ takes the life out of a fullrange driver.

However many people because of a lack of experience with EQ of the more sophisticated type get used to false sound.

Before the use of EQ I could not imagine how sensitive the ear is to deviations from the ideal.

The membran of Filip keller is a must have.
It eliminates the lowther shout to large extend.
It has good punch, voices have breast, piano has corpus, instruments much wood. My ticonal g lowthers work fine with it. Treable is sweet, smart , and light like a butterfly. Perfect combination with a fine tuned LCR paralell to the driver. It can reproduce a direkt to disk heavy drum disk with full controle. It is realy awesome.

1718684533343.png

PM4A Premiumon a Modified Acousta 115

that is a PM4A , the extra room on the backloaded horn should be able to get to 55hz rather than the original 70hz. But still room improvement, probably designing a new spider to allow lower Fs.

The Premium has the English feel to the tonality, no shout which they probably have addressed in the new design. Good control of the midrange and not harsh compare to the older Lowther.

any updates on the drivers?

asking because I am interested and I inquired about purchasing premium line PM4A in the USA, was told $3400 for the pair. Not sure if that is for the silver coil as I forgot to specify silver coil and it was not mentioned.

Anyway the cost is up there into the range of Voxativ, AER and Cube and I'd like to know how the Premium PM4A stacks up to them?