MarkAudio CHP-90 Enclosure Options

Fantastic news, I'm glad the CHP-90 really shines in the Bluebok!

I have been particularly impressed by the analysis by Joseph Crowe, his blog has a great mix of technical measurements and commentary (includes measurements harmonic and intermodulation distortion). I would love to see what would have to say about the CHP-90:
https://josephcrowe.com/blogs/news/markaudio-chr120

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
My fondness for the CHP-90 cannot be overlooked.
Have now played quite a lot of music with Bluebuck speakers. I have yet to be disappointed by these. Fast pieces of music as well as calm ones handle these with flying colours. Micro details have been overlooked and this behavior makes you want to listen to all types of music over and over again. All music sounds different, more rewarding.
The CHP-90 has given me a new dimension in music.
More resolution that hasn't existed before. Listening has become more enjoyable.

Last edited:
If you decide to build with the vent on the front, then I would simply keep the doubled front panel & use the vent diameter as-designed -the difference is marginal at best & will be completely swamped by room modes, variations in amplifier output impedance, driver QC tolerance etc. We're talking less than 1/2dB and about 1Hz, so nothing to get concerned about.

• Thank You
I bought chp90mica and waiting cut plywood(not best quality one but not poor) for Makalu.
I listened few hours with different enclosure,
This is amazing driver, detailed,no hash,have decent bass.

In my little experience,I prefer lower force enclosure so I choose Makalu.
I would like to have frugel horn but now,I don't want to throw bass to back thin wooded wall and large window....
May be in the future.
I appreciate Scott and Dave for so many designs.

Reactions: 4 users