My new CD-Shuttle!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The magnetic suspension works against vertical vibrations, but how does your design handle horizontal vibrations? I assume you have fixed the cdpro transport to the acryl without the original springs supplied with the cdpro transport?

How did you calculate/estimate the size of the magnets? You want the resonant frequency of the magnetic suspension to be in a region that doesn't effect the performance of the transport. But how do you handle that?

Couldnt the oppsing manets have a larger doughnut shaped magnet and a smaller domed magnet with a small centre pin into a larger hole. It would mean the magnets opposition holding the unit horizontally as well and only contact from the cables (the guides would only come into contact if it recived a bigger shock when moving the item)...

The magnetic suspension works against vertical vibrations, but how does your design handle horizontal vibrations? I assume you have fixed the cdpro transport to the acryl without the original springs supplied with the cdpro transport? - How did you calculate/estimate the size of the magnets? You want the resonant frequency of the magnetic suspension to be in a region that doesn't effect the performance of the transport. But how do you handle that?

I experimented the magnetic suspension and other types of vibration absorption. The results are very good!
A good experiment was about the transmission of vibrations from a mobile phone, so vertical and horizontal.
No phisical calculations... I'm sorry!
The magnets are from pc-loudspeakers drivers: very cheap and available everywere!
Different and particular shapes of magnets could be better, but have to be done on purpose. My project is enough difficult without special magnets!!
If you want you can use neodimium, it's very effective.

If you'd like, I can host the files on my webserver so people can just download them with a link from this thread...

Hi Brian.
No problem to host the files.
Post your mail address. I'll send you the archive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.