NAD C372 Repair and Upgrade

A few years ago I started noticing that my C370 is sounding very dark (lacking in high frequency compared to all other amps and compared to memory of it).

Being a mostly clueless dolt, I replaced every single electrolytic cap. It made a big difference and the sound I remembered came back.

What I did was highly unscientific but in my case it worked.

The two "towers" can live without the plastic caps on top.

Just be careful with anything on the amp boards because they're subjected to a lot of heat so areas can be brittle and the traces can be pulled up rather easily.

The two "towers" can live without the plastic caps on top.
Hi A Jedi.
Thank you for the reply :)

Yes, today I noticed the top was made of plastic and could not provide any shielding. I have put them on any way using some construction adhesive - that way it looks as before, but there is a opening all the way around for better cooling - maybe?
I am putting the amp back together, when that is done I will make the adjustments descriped in the service manual, listen again and - maybe - do some measurements.

On one hand I want to get the best from the C 370, on the other hand I would like a new amp. You know that feeling.... it's time to try something different, without really knowing why ;)

Hi My C372 gradually looses volume in the right channel after some playing. So the effect is that the whole image moves to the left. After power rebooting it plays normal again. Where should I look ?
These intermittent audio problems are relatively difficult to fix. Try using the unit with the cover off and/or a fan blowing air across the mainboard. Diagnostic freeze spray might help at a cost of $25 to $100.