New First Watt product at Axpona 2023

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
thermal conundrum ........ say two active devices - SIT + Mosfet

with decent capability (criteria - caps not melting) - 60-ishW of heat per side of FW case

means, stereo - SIT + Mosfet per heatsink/side

monoblock, increased dissipation - SIT on one side, whatever mosfet on other side (pair od TO247 or one puck)

thermal tracking and inertia are good enough as case is one volume - no need for thermal bridges between left and right heatsink

Reactions: 1 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yup, clear as sky, post #19

Boyz just wandering of parts arrangement for future monoblocks

sit-4-b-jpg.1164828

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I got to hear the SIT-4 with a pair of Cube Audio full rangers. Had a nice listening session with Nelson where we listened to several amplifiers. My most memorable of the lot was the SIT-4. Absolutely glorious sound. Like you were being coddled in your mother's bosom... just want to keep enjoying the warmth and never want to stop. If I didn't already have VFET amps, I'd be putting in an order for one right now.

Reactions: 6 users
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
as I wrote somewhere - for my logic (and with info available; see pic down) - SIT 4 is sorta Mini BAF 2015 SIT amp, derivation of it being Singing Bush

with few twists of course, not just decreased Iq and what not

one thing is sure - Pa made it differently than I would

:clown:

Baldrick.jpg

now, ZM's conundrum;

whatever popular approach is, and I'm not questioning no-one's approach, for me - using scarce parts in follower configuration is somewhat "inappropriate"

reasons are - say that one can explore full measure of part's intrinsic characteristics in common source arrangement ( so with gain), counting there my Fetish DEF arrangement too, while if we use triodish part in form of pure follower - it's sorta sacrilege - there are many not so scarce parts which we can use and get pretty much same results

examples are all around - some dumb simple some little less simple ....... but many of them being different to SIT follower amp only in fact that in the end you know you have SIT inside, or you don't have

just from top of my head - Mr. MR's MoFo - you can tailor it's sound to your liking till end of time ......... OS of M2, OS of NEM AI-50 ........

illustration being - you all probably had/still have small stash of some unobtaniums/made of preputium parts, which you save/d for years "for some special construction" ...... I mean - just savoring parts and dreaming how to use them is almost of same importance/enjoyment as actually making damn gadget

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I don't know, Ben. There is more art and experience to it than what meets the eye. While the parts themselves are very fine, there can be a difference between sounding good and sublime. That's what you get from Papa.

In any case, I am going to try it out for myself and see what happens. I got more than a few hints from Pa :)

Reactions: 3 users