New Stasis front end

Very nice. I'll be curious to hear more about your impressions once you get some more listening time on it.
Been getting more acquainted w the sound and I must say this is a wonderful amp! Low end and overall presence are great. Top end is clear too. Of the ones I’ve built (AJ, M2x and F4) this amp has more command of the sound. I still love my F4 as its still my go to and I like the clean nature of the M2x but this amp has some major balls man. If the Aleph J is considered laid back and chill, this build is the life of the party. My father is going to love this amp; It’s right up his alley sound wise

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got this thing up and running. Used Pico’s chassis, 8 deep boards. Started off at 44.5 unloaded volts and after biasing, came out to 41 volts so guessing im getting a little over 100 watts if my math is right. It’s biased to 150ma which is getting me a little over 50c
Stunning. Where did you buy the terminals on the caps and what do you crimp them with?

I have listened to some fine MOSFET output stage amps and laid out PCBs for some big amps which is why I want to try some SiC MOSFET parts. Higher temperature tolerance, lower on resistance, just have to see how they sound in an output stage.
For speakers I have a pair of PBN Audio Sammy’s. They are very easy to drive and exceptionally great sound. Last I looked a couple years ago the drivers in the pair of speakers were $6k alone.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I would love an IXYS puck version.
Do you have an thoughts on this?

-Michael

for me, it's trivial to make - just arranging appropriate pcb for Babelfish XA252 OS

in fact, I already have them, prepared for (future) work on bridged/Ultrasymmetry/FluxCap/42 Babelfish XA252

but, dropped down on priority list

just for your amusement, Eagle sshot, don't have pics of pcbs on shelf ......

Attachments

• Babelfish XA252 US OS Eagle sshot.png
    Babelfish XA252 US OS Eagle sshot.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: 3 users
Joined 2014
Paid Member
I have listened to some fine MOSFET output stage amps and laid out PCBs for some big amps which is why I want to try some SiC MOSFET parts. Higher temperature tolerance, lower on resistance, just have to see how they sound in an output stage.
For speakers I have a pair of PBN Audio Sammy’s. They are very easy to drive and exceptionally great sound. Last I looked a couple years ago the drivers in the pair of speakers were $6k alone.
Those are very nice speakers. I haven't heard them in person but I've heard of them. Only good things.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Would it still be able to be set up as SET or SIT with the SUSY?

if you observe Eagle sshot closer, there are all parts needed for level shifter mosfet follower, same as additional pads for connection of outboard SIT, and additional mounting holes - needed on right side when SIT is used instead of mosfet puck

what should be outcome - lower power in some amount, vs. straight mos

THD Spectra - whatever set in FE

Reactions: 1 user
A quick heads-up:
The KSA1220 transistors have been discontinued by the manufacturer and are no longer available (unless you're willing to place a minimum order in excess of 1000 pieces). Oddly the KSC2690 are still available, but there is no good option for a PNP complement. The original Sanken parts are long gone.
Fortunately the Toshiba TTC004A and TTA004A are still being manufactured and are available from a few sources. I can confidently recommend these parts, as they are what I used in the custom front end of my F6.

I'm finally getting around to building two amps based on ZM's front end with his 8 deep Stasis OS PCBs. I plan to start a separate thread once the parts start arriving..

Reactions: 5 users