Old school rockford fosgate punch 150

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got this amp here I've had forever I really want to get to fully work. I want to know which parts I need to get this channel working again (Orange & black channel) which is the left side. I believe 2n6487 & 2n6490 are shorted. So was one of the driver transistors. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729 KB · Views: 170
The 6488 and 6491 are generally used to replace the 87 and 90.

The missing transistor appears to be a D41D8 (if the brown driver is a D40). They are difficult to find. The CENU57 should work. For testing, you can use an MPSA56 or an MPSA92 in place of the D41D8.

What can I use to replace both driver transistors? And do you think there is any further damage on that channel?

Reporting back and it works it plays music clear and static free no DC offset I replaced the burnt resistor and it tured out I had MPSA56 installed backward so I installed a fresh new one and put in the new outputs and boom it works now. Thanks perry babin!! One last question will it work bridged still? I'm not going to run this as a subwoofer amp or anything going to put it back in my little amp collection.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    997.6 KB · Views: 82
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.