Old Soul

Joined 2016
Paid Member
You bring this point up very timely, Dennis ! :)
I just installed a pair of Cinemag CMOQ-4s in some modified front-end boards yesterday evening, and noticed that they have their labels on opposite sides - one on the side where Pin 1 is, and the other opposed to that ... o_O

So, my conclusion is - it definitey doesn't matter - for consistency, go for where Pin 1 is (though even that shouldn't matter in the case of the CMOQ-4s, as Zen Mod wrote ...)

Regards, Claas

Joined 2017
Paid Member
pins are on the side with the red letter labeling.
Thanks, Dennis and ZM. You got my heart standing still. Me being very capable of doing such gaffes!
I'm pretty sure I didn't align the CMOQs by the logo, but by pin 1 (which I cruelly, coldhertedly chopped off just like ZM did)...
Although it is irrelevant, I will check orientation just for peace of mind. The boards are still off-chassis (sinks too small) so it's a natural thing to do.

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Sorry for the scare. I also did mine by Pin 1 but I guess I was confused by the inconsistent labelling (confirmed now by both you and Claas.)

Yeah, the pin snipping was a pretty violent operation... I'm happy to hear future builders will have one fewer thing to worry about. :)

Cheers,
Dennis

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Dennis, absolutely not! I‘m glad you observed the situation so precisel! Of course I‘m just as glad the it wouldn’t matter! :)

I‘d say this is one of the veryvery fee occasions where I could say: even more (chicken as ZM)!
:cheers: (good morning!)

Last edited:
Didn’t I allready tell you guys I have Corona?

Attachments

• 05907E76-09EF-4200-9062-6511184B50F2.jpeg
    05907E76-09EF-4200-9062-6511184B50F2.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 55
as long you're able to write here, no worries
All good now. Just kidding, and making a point out of the fact I don’t need Corona to be batsh** crazy. Genes and occational mead takes care of that, even when not sick :rofl:

Realize now I should have added an emoji in the last post. I forgot there is always a chance of being taken seriously!

Last edited:
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello all,

I did an initial power up today. One channel seemed fine and I was able to set the bias / dc offset without much problem.

The other channel (built on the L pcb) is misbehaving. The current as measured across the 0.22 ohm resistors
jump up and down and I cannot trim the offset.

Any suggestions on where to start looking?

Thanks,
Dennis