OPAMP single or dual? (DAC output stage)

and also is super for modern dac with differential output for the that task it was made : the okto dac uses it :) and is well liked as it is class A according their Stereophile ears. But there are bettersssssss....

@bohrok2610 , I have to apologize, I wrote to you find bad the op861 Pedja R. is using with its off the shelf flag ship. It was @Zoran finally if I am not wrong in another thread that told me so. It is one of the guys around there with you I trust, even so with mods I find the TDA151A dac from Rogic with a tda1541A taiwann 1988 IC and few mods wirh a sota digital front end is a very high end dac on the sounding side (one of my musician friend is opera tenor and very do not care about hifi but I pay him with wine to benchmark (blindly and with some musicians friends) my confs.

I have found in one of my protos the ad828 was very ok but needs some works on lythic decoupling caps to add it some thickness for a rigther tonal balance, at least in my setup.

As all of you are good designers, I wonder if it was not a setuping of the whole hifi with the room that matters at the end (i.e. the last sound going out from the loudspeaker after all the devices and loudspeaker interactions, which is hard to modelize ! Just for illustration a flat spl loudspeaker curve with a NOS dac over a sligthy diving curve from 1k to 2k hz till the "20 k hz". But that is off topic.
:giggle:

Last edited: