Peerless 3-25 kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
I just go those Peerless 3-25 kit from 1959, they are great and i was amazed by the design of the crossover.

They sound great but in one of the two speaker, the tweeter is not working, i tried it alone and he is working so i think the problem is comming from the crossover.

I have a spare tweeter (the same but in 8 ohm instead of 16) so is there a way to make it work? Like a separate crossover or something?

Thanks!

Woofer: 16ohm
Mid: 16 ohm
Tweeter 16 ohm but i have a 8 omh too

Oh i just saw those photos arent big sorry :D

So here are some more pictures

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So the crossover frequencies are 750 and 4000Hz
But i cant find the schematic :/
I was thinking about simply put a capacitor to the tweeter but i dont know where to connect it

And i have some kind of multimeter I think, he looks like this Vintage Electronics Radio Shack Micronta Digital Multimeter Model No 22 197 | eBay

But I dont know how to use it :confused:

Problem solved!
I think it was a bad original wiring and so the tweeter never played music in +56 years!

I wired the tweeter to the 2 medium connectors and now its sounds exactly the same as the orther speaker :)
So even the crossover is working great.

The pair is now 100% working :D

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Problem solved!
I think it was a bad original wiring and so the tweeter never played music in +56 years!

I wired the tweeter to the 2 medium connectors and now its sounds exactly the same as the orther speaker :)
So even the crossover is working great.

The pair is now 100% working :D

Did you actually change the wiring? If by "medium" you mean "midrange," then you have wired the tweeter to the midrange driver, but surely you realize that can NOT be right??

3 ways can be quite simple:
SEAS Kit 503

The simplest circuit I can think of that might work is below in the first two images, but don't take the modelling or values too seriously. Just an idea how it works with 8 ohm drivers.

But your speaker reminded me of the old Tandberg HIFI 15 in the second two images. Similar Celestion and Peerless drivers, but a retro series crossover. I think you should delve. Enjoyed hearing about your speakers. We like vintage.:)

Attachments

• Peerless 3-25 idea.PNG
    Peerless 3-25 idea.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 270
  • Peerless 3-25 FR idea.PNG
    Peerless 3-25 FR idea.PNG
    22.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Tandberg HiFi 15.JPG
    Tandberg HiFi 15.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Tandberg HiFi 15 Crossover.PNG
    Tandberg HiFi 15 Crossover.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 203
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.