• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Purifi’s PTT6.5W04-01A woofer group buy

I'm going to be building the SPK5 kit for starters before trying it out in something maybe floorstanding later on, has anyone else tried to model that crossover? I get this, was only using spl trace of data from hificompass so probably way off and will get measurements of the drivers in the box when its built. :whazzat:

PURIFISPK5REV1.10.png

Group Buy status 2-10-2020

Last week participants' list was frozen. Participants have confirmed their orders and provided email and shipping addresses. The order count (PTT6.5W04-01A woofers – 34 units and PTT6.5PR-01A passive radiators – 12 units) has been sent to Purifi and I expect quote including Denmark to USA shipping costs this week.

Individuals' second leg within USA shipping costs are estimated. They range $25 to $35 for a pairs of woofers, for orders with passive radiators or four woofers USA shipping costs range $45 to $75. Your individual cost will be sent via private email once we have the quote from Purifi. Estimates made assuming UPS ground. If you prefer a different carrier or faster delivery for USA shipping leg that can be arranged however be advised saving a couple of days doubles USA shipping cost. I refer to 'USA shipping' because Canadian participants are shipping to USA addresses.

Participant list:
Norman Tracy
johngore
mordikai
xrk971
racingpht
cpdk
ramenconnoisseur
anonymous
jmpsmash
Paul Ebert
ani101
jsy
DaveFred
hallcon83

Group Buy status 2-13-2020

Working answering questions from Purifi related to creating group's proforma invoice. Shipments are not normally insured, the up charge to insure is ~$14 for each GB participant so I have advised we DO want Denmark to USA shipment insured. Also setting up with customs broker to clear shipment into USA.

I expect to have Purifi proforma invoice Friday or Monday and will then compute each GB members' individual cost and email those to the group. I will post a notice to this DIYAudio thread advising GB members to check for that email once it has been sent.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I'm OK with Norman Tracy posting a list of the GB participants to see who ordered what and who has paid. Most GB's have on-going open lists to see who is participating and who has paid etc. It's not a big deal and sometimes, the social pressure can help dislodge people who are slow to pay and holding things up for everyone. Or if folks like to, feel free to copy and edit list to show your status.

Participant Status List:
Norman Tracy
johngore
mordikai
xrk971 qnty 2x 6.5in drivers *Paid*
racingpht
cpdk
ramenconnoisseur
anonymous
jmpsmash
Paul Ebert
ani101
jsy
DaveFred
hallcon83

Last edited:
Group Buy status 2-27-2020

- Group member's funds are collected.
- Issue with export code for Denmark to USA shipping resolved to aid clearing USA customs.
- Wire transfer of funds to Purifi initiated. Security identity confirmation will add a couple of days until transfer is completed.

As an FYI to group members and others observing our adventure I want to praise the staff at Purifi, they have been prompt and very helpful as we put this together.

Last edited: