Rare Rek_O-Kut B-16H with cab Resto

I finally got started on the Rek-O-Kut B-16H resto. Very interesting tank-like unit for sure. The cabinet will have to wait for warmer weather but I have made good progress on the TT itself.

Here it is peeking out of it's resting place where it has been for decades.

TT.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
I have been scrubbing/cleaning/lubing parts for what seems like months. But here is some shots of the guts. This will be going up for sale soon. I don't have the room for it. As you can imagine, a 16" Studio Transcription TT can take up some space.

I got the motor disassembled/cleaned/inspected/lubed. Cleaned up the platter and should have the mat in hand in a day or two. Had to order the 16" cork mat from the UK.

ROK7rs.jpg
ROK6rs.jpg
ROK5rs.jpg
ROK4rs.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Here is the Pickering 190D tone arm going through resto. It is going to get a little bit of color on it. The industrial look is OK if you like it but I decided on something else. If the new owner doesn't care for the color, it can be altered. This will get a fresh coat from the air brush in the next few days and then I can rewire it and get it complete. I have some carts/stylus for it but may opt for something else.

The first pic is before, second during.

I would have left it stock but it had a few chips in the paint.

Tonearm1 (2672 x 2004).jpg
rok8.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I just ordered the idler wheels (they'll rebuild mine) and I used Gary at https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/ as he has helped me with a few jobs on my Reel to Reel machines. He has great prices and turn around times so it was a no brainer. This will be the last items I need as the rubber motor mounts will be here in a couple days. The weather is turning so I should be able to get the cabinet sanded and painted soon.

Wanted to let you know, there’s a gentleman named Abe who makes new, custom idler wheels out of Delrin which use a square section O-ring and new Olite bushing. They go for around the same price as a re-vulcanized rebuilt one but his Delrin wheels run a bit quieter. If you’re interested, PM me for his contact info - he makes a really nice idler.

Here’s one he made for my Russco Studio Pro table below.. BTW - it’s on an unfinished wooden idler arm I made just to test the arm material.

CE550E35-F025-4447-AEE6-6DD91CEE291D.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users