Resistor values (no schematic available)

Does this mean it’s faulty ?

IMG_6761.jpeg

From what you have described Andy, you have 4 tantalum caps that are probably 10uF and 25 uF where the + mark is on the pcb - I assume these 4 caps also have the + mark near the leg that is near the + mark on the pcb. The other 2 caps marked K1 are probably 1uF ceramic caps. The tantalums can be replaced with radial electro's.

It looks like the 2 ceramic caps are bypassing the Vin lines and the Tantalum's are on the Vout lines from the IC. If these are ceramic caps, I doubt these are faulty.

All caps should be rated at 35VDc or higher.

That is my educated guess at this stage. I am not sure what the other blue rectangular cap is or what it is doing.

Reactions: 1 user
In any case I still suggest to replace the tantalums. I saw several of them shorted or burned. Perhaps a wima or similar cap can bypass high frequencies better than them.

Done it, l suggest to measure the regulator. You can put some 10R resistors and see if they still burns. Place them with long legs, so if they burn again, don't damege the pcb. Or still better, if you can find some lamps (not leds) from xmas tree lights, place one of them in the site of such burned resistors. Light at them will "say" you what happens.

If the regulator or its load is failed, may be a 78L15 and 79L15 in TO92 can be easily placed in its place, making some track alterations (wire bridges or trace cut).

Reactions: 1 user