SB Acoustics SB20FRPC30-8 sealed cabinet

SB 8" full range driver is very impressive! Just finished these last week. 30L sealed heavily damped cabinet. Finished in Teakwood, internals, front and rear baffle in baltic birch.
IMG_7118.jpg
IMG_7119.jpg
IMG_7117.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: 16 users
The bass is very good. Tight, controlled with the correct timbre and reverb for my taste. It does drop off really quick below 55hz but thats expected in a sealed cabinet. The overall presentation of the soundstage and imaging is what I'm used to and extremely similar to the Jordan Eikona in my main system. With the 8" driver the dynamics are effortless and they fill the room with ease. I have tried a lot of full rangers over the years including most Mark Audio drivers, Jordan Eikonas and Seas FA22RCZ. Although all these drivers are somewhat simialr, for the price of this SB driver it is easily the best Ive heard!

Reactions: 5 users
The bass is very good. Tight, controlled with the correct timbre and reverb for my taste. It does drop off really quick below 55hz but thats expected in a sealed cabinet. The overall presentation of the soundstage and imaging is what I'm used to and extremely similar to the Jordan Eikona in my main system. With the 8" driver the dynamics are effortless and they fill the room with ease. I have tried a lot of full rangers over the years including most Mark Audio drivers, Jordan Eikonas and Seas FA22RCZ. Although all these drivers are somewhat simialr, for the price of this SB driver it is easily the best Ive heard!
Thanks for the reply
Looks like we have similiar experiences. l am using Markaudio 12p and Eikona at the moment and l like both .
l bought the driver after listening to the youtube posted by spcjpnorg.

One thing I like about my Eikonas is they have a warm presentation to everything they play. A relaxed, lush sound that once you are used to that, a lot of the other drivers start sounding harsh and edgy. The SB 8" does have a more dynamic and foreword sound, but its not over done. They just sound detailed, precise but never harsh.

I have not heard the JX92S but have tried most Mark Audio drivers except the MAOPs and I prefer the Eikonas. To me they sound the most natural and pleasing. Having said that, I could live with all the others and unless A/B testing differences are minimal. Not to mention give any driver couple weeks of listening time and they will sound "right" to you before you know it... Hence "break in" time recommendations from manufacturers....

Reactions: 1 user