Simplistic NJFET RIAA

Okay—that's fascinating. Most fun to listen without looking at the visual cues. I was scrolling up and down and playing a little game—when I felt I liked what I was hearing I would scroll up to look at the image... 9/10 times it was brown! Haha. Now—via HPA, which amp, DAC, phones... who knows? Suffice it to say they are VERY close on my desktop HPA setup (Schitt Modi Multi-->Whammy-->Focal Elex). Might be even more revealing with a hi-res file? Dunno what YT audio specs are these days...Thanks Salas!

I'll be setting up Ultra build #2 for MM out of the gate...was working on it last night in fact...

Reactions: 1 users
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Me thinks the brown one is darker but comes across cleaner. Because it is consistent across the spectrum.
The red seems bit colored despite it is richer in the mid-range due to it can't continue with an analogous openness in the treble.

Reactions: 1 user
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The vintage turntable sounds like turning steady enough nonetheless. And the music's tone is not bad at all for a mobile phone video. The Wi-Fi router try to relocate it far away from the audio system. At least as a background noise possible improvement test. If nothing changes to the better bring it back. What full range loudspeaker is that?

I tried WiFi router away but no difference.
It's 2 vinyls set Diana Krall best album.
One album has noise on one channel and the other one has small white dent also have white spot on the other side.
Yes, it's Sonido swr145a 5" fullrange driver.
I like fullrange somehow.

Attachments

• PXL_20240607_113141391.jpg
    PXL_20240607_113141391.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: 1 user
I use Zen mod's Babelfish M25 with Toshiba mosfet.
I have F5 PCB and Toshiba mosfets,Thf51s,Ba3 PCB and mosfets for next build but never finished.
Ah,I also have tubelabs tse PCB.

I am using Panasonic FC 100uf on C5,C8.
I wonder if sound difference between FC and FR.
For C2y,I tried some then decided total 15.26nf(14.93nf+330pf) with toshin ppsd cap.

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hope i didnt cook anything. Switching between MM and MC, a little back and forth. Upon reinstalling MC, I set voltage from regulator to 34
volts, and Then went to pot on preamp side to begin setting T.P. to 4.0. I am finding (unless a whole bunch of turn necessary) that turning that pot again does nothing. T.P. is either at .1 volt or 0.0. Maybe silly operator error, but I powered down to inquire!

Oh, for switching I am set for low output MC, S5,S6 and S9. For resistance, 220 via S2.

What am I doing wrong/need to fix?

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Not sure if I have solved....Setting resistance again to 220, S2. Set now for MC instead of LoMC, the pot does have some effect and I can set T.P. to 4.0, voltage a smidge over 34V. Still yet, I am puzzled why I can not set T.P. for LoMC....My cartridge is only .3 output it may be needed, and in any event should work with LoMC settings, Right?

I was able to lower voltage by reducing it on voltage pot, then bring T.P. back up with phono pot, so 34.2 with 4.0 T.P. now to other channel....

Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Now problem with other channel, voltage pot having no effect, phono board pot does. Using it to get to 4.0 leaves voltage at 36.2, other channel at 34.2.
Now what? I can use the phono board pot to get voltage down to 34.2, but now T.P. only 2.4V.

Oddly, I can move TP by using the voltage pot, but getting TP of 4.0 ends up with 36 volts! Can not lower voltage via voltage pot.....or raise it.

Last edited: