slowmotion video project: imploding lighbulbs and tubes

The beauty of destroying lightbulbs and tubes in slow motion

I worked on this film for over a year, with new ideas coming up over time. The slow-motions were recorded with two older Samsung S9 and S10 smartphones, which offer a video function for this. The cameras only record for a period of 0.2s and 0.4s, whereby the triggering of the shutter release is done by movement in the image. Almost 1000 frames per second are recorded (960fps). The sequence is correspondingly short. Despite this limitation, I have lost practically no recording, which is irretrievable in scenes with more material use, such as with the picture tubes. Someone will ask, "Why is it still running so fast, slow motion has to run even slower?" The challenge was to deliver a maximum result with this minimal amount of equipment. On the other hand, the film consists of a lot of individual shots, all of which I want to show. If you were to shoot them with much more time dilation, the film would not last 7 minutes, but maybe half an hour. My intention was to put the dynamics and action in the foreground - you should see how it shreds! :D

Reactions: 2 users