System Pictures & Description

Re: Fireball

Guys, thanks for cheering!

planet10 said:
Fantastic...
The stands look a bit out of place thou :)
dave

Oh, year. May be choozing stands shape is the most difficult. Because I made them before finishing the ball. Very suitable as a working desk on rollers. Actually, overall construction weigths more then 70kgs. God sake I devide them on two spherehalfs.

felixx said:
Congratulations.Where did you get the drivers?:)
I got them used a bit via inet. Anyway, very expenceive.

intense-tavda said:
unbelievable! What a piece of art! How long did it take to get this together? And more important; how does it sound? Stunning man! Teake

In work from May. Sounds better than my old ball speakers, with low horns - and beleive - they were quite good. But still I think that have'nt got yet all possessions from driver and "box".
Now engaged with filters.

Thanks a lot,
Igor

DIY System

Hi, these are a few pics of my line array I just completed, 12 4inc Hi-Vi and 12 1 inc hi-vi dome tweeters. Open baffle I listen in the near field. 95 db/w sens, they have a really sweet sound and they make cd listening like analog. I also made 2 Iso-barik Peerless 831727 subs I use for music listening -3 db at 20 HZ and 2 peerless XXL with PR for HT -3 db at 30 hz.
Happy listening

Attachments

• copie de speakers1 003.jpg
    copie de speakers1 003.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3,887
Hi guys, I completed these speakers last December and have been using them since. My objective was that the cabinets be relatively small and that the cabinet contribution to the sound is negligible. The cabinets are made of solid 30 mm thick beechwood and measures 1100 (h) x 350 (w) x 400 (d) mm. Frequency response is very much usable down to 10 Hz.

All drivers are from the KEF stable using the renowned B139 as bass unit. Each unit is driven by its own 70 watt class A amplifier and the tweeter by a 15 watt class A amplifier. Electronic crossover phase adaption provide an almost flat response from 10 Hz to 30kHz.

There are five braces in the cabinet. The exhaust consists of a 9 meter long 100 mm Diam flexible hose fitted into the cabinet and ported out on the front. Cabinet is also lined with combination of wool and polyester fibre.

Cross over frequencies selected are Bass 300 Hz, Mid Bass 300 Hz - 900 Hz, Mid 900 to 2700 Hz and treble up from 2700 Hz

Kind regards

Nico

Attachments

• ras a3.jpg
    ras a3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3,828
Insignia dipoles

Insignia, cheap enclosure, cheap speakers, embarrassing crossover and yet they sound ok.

But in OB with a DEQ2496 flattening them out and a U-frame Dayton IB 15" filling in below 150 hz they are a whole new level of budget sound quality except for the Daytons of course . For about 35 bucks you can get all of the parts needed for the OB conversion plus the $35 I spent on the speakers themselves, it is pretty sweet.

I have yet to eq the whole range as I am waiting on the ECM8000 to arrive but using an spl meter and a signal generator I manually did the 150-400hz range and wow! W/o eq the rolloff at ~250Hz heavily suppressed male vocals so if you want to try this you need eq or wide baffles I used 11.25" wide since that was the width of the solid wood pieces at home depot (15" tall).

I'll be staining them a dark mahogany tomorrow.

Attachments

• quad insig.jpg
    quad insig.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 5,095
Re: Insignia dipoles

nunayafb said:
Insignia, cheap enclosure, cheap speakers, embarrassing crossover and yet they sound ok.

But in OB with a DEQ2496 flattening them out and a U-frame Dayton IB 15" filling in below 150 hz they are a whole new level of budget sound quality except for the Daytons of course . For about 35 bucks you can get all of the parts needed for the OB conversion plus the $35 I spent on the speakers themselves, it is pretty sweet.

I have yet to eq the whole range as I am waiting on the ECM8000 to arrive but using an spl meter and a signal generator I manually did the 150-400hz range and wow! W/o eq the rolloff at ~250Hz heavily suppressed male vocals so if you want to try this you need eq or wide baffles I used 11.25" wide since that was the width of the solid wood pieces at home depot (15" tall).

I'll be staining them a dark mahogany tomorrow.

Hi nunayafb,

do you use these babies close to the back wall or coner of the room?

here are the new base for my towers that i cut in half.so i can get the 2 isobaric 10" in place.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

and the new piece of furniture i did for geting all the other video,tv,etc on there cause we had to make room upstaires for a while....

oh and the frequencies i cut them was at 170hz Lp for the woofs and hp for the mids.the mids are in a sealed 1 cubic foot.the woofers in a 3 cubic feet ported.

i used dh lab wires q10 for the 10" and 18 ga double and tripled for the mids and tweeters.

i'll see if i can get more pics...