The 15 Song Album collection:

I was just teasing, but I really thought the theme is quite simple this time round.

Cat Stevens released the original version in the early 70s, the Maniacs did a cover in the late 80s.

But if the theme owner thinks it is an outright duplicate, feel free to remove it. I'll gladly replace it with Give Peace A Chance by John Lennon and Plastic Ono Band.

The title of the song must contain the single and exact word Peace:

04 - Peace Train - 10,000 Maniacs
05 - Peace Train - Cat Stevens
That's the same song. :(
I was just teasing, but I really thought the theme is quite simple this time round.
The theme's owner thinks that - especially after what has been happening recently - this thread must be taken more seriously otherwise it will end in hell.

For this reason - precisely because just as you yourself said the current theme is very easy - there is no chance to duplicate anything.

"And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you".
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

01 - Peace of Mind - Neil Young
02 - Give Peace a Chance - John Lennon
03 - Pipes of Peace - Paul McCartney
05 - Kill For Peace - The Fugs

Joined 2004
Paid Member

06 - Peace - Depeche Mode
07 - Peace - The O'Jays
08 - Peace In The Valley - Glen Campbell
09 - Peace Piece - Kronos Quartet

Reactions: 2 users

07 - Peace - The O'Jays
10 - Peace of Mind - Boston

Reactions: 1 user
I just realized that you had already made a point about it.

Well, you are the owner of the theme and therefore you will decide, but if I can express my dispassionate opinion that entry should not be considered not appropriate under any circumstances.

Don't we want to start counting the number of inhabitants of a city/town/village now? :rolleyes:

Edit to add the following link from which it is clear that: "Common population definitions for an urban area (city or town) range between 1,500 and 50,000 people".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City

Waterloo "in 2011 had a population of 29,706".

So finally we all are saved, hopefully! ;)
An urban area with a population of 29,706 normally is classed as a small town in Europe. Which is exactly how I described it.

And as for common population definitions, that's all that figure is. Is 50,000 an upper limit? Of course not. In any case as I've already said, Waterloo is not described as a city by itself or anyone else.

Last edited:

07 - Peace - The O'Jays
11 - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace on Earth) - George Harrison

07 - Peace - The O'Jays
12 - Make Your Peace - INXS

Reactions: 1 user

07 - Peace - The O'Jays
12 - Make Your Peace - INXS
13 - Peace Tonight - Hothouse Flowers

Reactions: 1 users
Wikipedia, who you quoted say the same as everyone else, that it's a municipality, which purely means it has local government. That doesn't make it a city, nor is it described as a city by itself or anyone else.
An urban area with a population of 29,706 normally is classed as a small town in Europe. Which is exactly how I described it.

And as for common population definitions, that's all that figure is. Is 50,000 an upper limit? Of course not. In any case as I've already said, Waterloo is not described as a city by itself or anyone else.
I followed your reasoning 100% and I can neither agree nor disagree also because you are the owner of the topic and in the end it is up to you to decide whether you like it to fit into "your" definition or not.

So for me whatever you decide will be fine, but mind you not for indifference, but for coherence. ;)

I find it interesting the fact that the owner of the theme expresses his reasons.

It also seems useless to add that according to your reasoning even entry #15 (San Tropez) should have been deleted, and I repeat that I would not have been offended at all, of course.

This interesting case however becomes a case of a certain importance for the thread IMHO because it establishes a precedent regarding the definition of the theme.

At this point - and for the future - my humble opinion is that when a theme's owner does propose a theme that can give rise to serial disputes then he also has to take on the burden of specifying the theme in detail.
In this specific case, and just as an example: city = urban structure with more than xxxxxx inhabitants, or with a cathedral, or...

And/or establish a website that acts as a reference.

Otherwise it really becomes a case of splitting hairs (an activity at which almost all of us seem to be very good!) for every theme, and I don't think it's a good idea at all to allow that.

Not to mention the fact that for non-native English speakers like me, the difference between "city" and "town" simply didn't exist before now. :)

P. S.: Although at least for me I learned something from this theme, please note that for me the above is not really necessary, but it could become following certain reasoning...

Last edited: