The DAO SE all-FET Class-A ZGF Headphone Amplifier

We shall only support one Beta builder (because of the effort involved).
He has been chosen, as I know him for years, and he is physically not far from me.
He also has many other high end headamps and phones.

So thank you for your interest.
You may perhaps consider signing up as one of the 10 for phase 1.
It will also help if you could give details of your capabilities and experience as a DIYer.

Thank you for your interest,
Patrick

What is the time expected to work as Beta builder - I work on regular job travelling but can spend time only on week ends - will that do? I have many Borbely Headphone amp building / Nakamichi Cassette recorder servicing / building Tube amp experience- plus have large quantities of Fets ( including dual Fets) - not LUD Jfet. Wide bandwidth Fluke 867B / Tek 250 Mhz oscilloscope / ST1700 B/ Nak T100 and soon will have 51/2 digit multimeter. More than enough test equipment for such a work.
kannan

A short message for those who have supported us over the years, but lack the building experiences.

Firstly many thanks for your interest and your support.

The DAO headphone amp is not a suitable entry project to DIY.
One needs to have some basic understanding of electronics, and how circuit works.
Only with such background would you be able to make the most of the circuit and tailor to you taste and needs.

We therefore suggest that you join us later in phase 2.
You can then benefit from the experience of those who have successfully complete the build in phase one.

And there are other projects around which are simpler, less costly, and with more support which you might wish to attempt in the meantime.

Best regards from the team,
Patrick

Last edited: