The End For Tripath??? Say It Ain't So!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I see that the input chip has negative rail sensing and also the output chip has stated negative rail pins (those used to ground the fets) in the datasheet, I agree that it appears not able to operate with dual supply but questioned weather it can be done, my understanding is that dual supplys would give a greater voltage swing which is better for non sinesoidal signals like that of complex music, is there a chip(set) with as good thd+n specs that can operate in this manner, Thanks for your help
p.s building an integrated dual monoblock design at the mo, chose the tripath as preliminary listening test superceeded that of a AB, at a distance people seem to enjoy the sound from class D without knowing it something about the upper mid not sounding like a baby crying !
Ta!

thomaseliot said:
After Chapter 11 protection, they only need to find a buyer

"only need to find a buyer"? I only need to find someone to give me a few million dollars, :).

why would anyone buy tripath? the fact that they are languishing isn't due to their lack of efforts to sell themselves.

instead, nobody wants to buy them. so far anyway.

fku said:

"only need to find a buyer"? I only need to find someone to give me a few million dollars, :).

why would anyone buy tripath? the fact that they are languishing isn't due to their lack of efforts to sell themselves.

instead, nobody wants to buy them. so far anyway.

As I said already, Tripath has an annual revenue of more than 10 million dollars, a good bunch of patents on class-D and customers like Sony, Panasonic, Samsung ...... That is enough to be an interesting buy, but not enough to survive with competitors like TI, Analog and NXP (Philips) in IC market.

I've been reading this thread with interest.

I've been using Class D for around 2 years now. I have a 300 watt with power regulator board ( all it needs is a tranny) and a 600 watt mono with a switchmode power supply. All made in the UK and all reasonably priced. I have been told to steer clear of Tri-path modules like the plague.

Here in the UK, the government wants us all to be more efficient with energy and D class is around 94% efficient so, from here, I think that D class is going to do well. It strikes me that Tri-Path was a good idea ( damned good actually ) but a lousy business investment as has already been said.

How do you buy out Tripath ?

Ok, I've pretty much read all the postings in the thread. I can tell that Tripath is in financial difficulties, and they are up for sale. So, how does someone go about to purchase this company ?

Thanks for any information provided.

Rgds

Adrian

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Would be a shame fore this new design from 41hz - seems well designed with help from enthusiastic friends

Attachments

• trp9.jpg
    trp9.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 493
Re: How do you buy out Tripath ?

adchin said:
Ok, I've pretty much read all the postings in the thread. I can tell that Tripath is in financial difficulties, and they are up for sale. So, how does someone go about to purchase this company ?

Thanks for any information provided.

Rgds

Adrian

I think contacting directly the owner Adya Tripathi

Tripath Technology Inc.
Adya Tripathi, 408-750-3030
adya@tripath.com

The information is taken from a Tripath official filing to NASDAQ.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070208/20070208006226.html?.v=1

Glowbug said:
Interesting thread, I bet some of the people claiming Class D was a passing fad had no idea how entrenched it is in car audio applications, much more than it ever was in home audio...
:)

I found this on Ebay and couldn't resist to try the TA010x series:

Avionix.JPG

it is a high end car audio amp rated 2x800W 2Ohm 0.5% THD.

I use it at home with a 12V PS at 30W. The sound looks like better than smaller TA2022, but there are boost and other filters to get rid of, before it can work properly.

I'd like a more powerful PS, but I don't know anything about step up SMPS. Somebody can help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.