The Pass Pub: The High-End Off Topic Thread

This made me giggle!

Attachments

• unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 140
I especially like the description of a speaker box from the March '53 AE issue, "The box ( ?) was constructed of . Zonolite concrete poured around asbestos cement -board forms, and with the front panel of one -inch slate." emphasis mine.

I'd hate to have been the contractor remodeling that living room not knowing what I was demoing.

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Lookin' good Nelson!

Do you remember if there were specific commercially available amps with germanium power transistors that Joe liked?
No, and unfortunately he died before he got to do much on that.

Fortunately he did leave me some parts, also including a collection of tubes.

Unfortunately this is not at the top of the list of other things I have to do.

:snail:

Quick question since I don't hang around here a lot; has there ever been some place on the forum with definitive results regarding the toshiba 2sk209GR's? Honestly, I've been thinking if I can't earn an extra buck by making THT components from these tiny SMD's.
But I don't know how these 2SK209's stack up against other JFET's.. If you put enough of them in parallel, all is gravy, nah? :p
And by this note: I am comfortable with SMD. If you ever have a problem that needs solving, my doors are open. :)

Anything to pay for this expensive addiction...

definitive results ...... you need more than fact that Wayne (who is Full Nelson) used them in line stage.... and comparative ones are used in actual PL products

I've put them enough in parallel, but to save my self at least some soldering, I used 2145BL

yup, all is gravy
I meant measurements and such. I know Wayne knows what 'e doin'! But the matter of "how much" remains. At what point does it become a jfet with an amplifier around it instead of backwards?