• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Well Tempered Master Clock - Group buy

Hello,
A couple of years? You mean when corona is gone?
Taking the recently posted picture made by you FIFO lite to DDDAC1794 as a guidance
So right now just the two Drixo boards with a 24/7 power supply close by should be in a separate enclosure at some distance ( meter?) from audio gear but the cables ( coaxial?) connect to the FIFO board can run along the ethernet cable going to the Roon Nucleus? Wouldnt be very smart to create physical distance and then having the garbage entered at the cables.
Greetings, eduard

I mean a couple of years because it's a very complex project and usually we test all the available way to get the best performance as possible.
Last but not least we are hobbyist so our free time is very limited.

Although RG400 coaxial cables (recommended) have double shielding I suggest to keep them far from other RF signals.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Andrea,
So i will just put the two Drixo boards on the top empty level from my audio rack. Half a meter above my turntable but there will be no disturbance coming from the Drixo boards when they are powered on ( better for sound quality) but no digital source playing.

Hi Andrea
It is mentioned that the TWTMC-DRIXO takes 12-18v power at around 50/60ma. Can they be unregulated power? or a regulator is necessary?
Thanks!

So this is for the pair of boards? Anyhow it can be a physical small power supply. I have some space '' upstairs '' in my rack .
Greetings and have a nice weekend, eduard

Hello Andrea,
So i will just put the two Drixo boards on the top empty level from my audio rack. Half a meter above my turntable but there will be no disturbance coming from the Drixo boards when they are powered on ( better for sound quality) but no digital source playing.

Hi Andrea
It is mentioned that the TWTMC-DRIXO takes 12-18v power at around 50/60ma. Can they be unregulated power? or a regulator is necessary?
Thanks!

So this is for the pair of boards? Anyhow it can be a physical small power supply. I have some space '' upstairs '' in my rack .
Greetings and have a nice weekend, eduard

We have never tried with unregulated power supply, so a regulated power supply is strongly suggested.

On the TWTMC-PPG would I be advised to cut the XTAL off and perform the thin copper wire mounting method to aid the floating and mechanical isolation of the xtal from the PCB and environment?
Or leave well alone?!

The phase noise measurement was done with the crystal installed as supplied, however the copper wire mounting is a better mechanical decoupling.

I have one 5mhz drixo running for a week, now the other three are also finished :cheers:

One set 5 and 6mhz for a TDA1541A dac.
One set 22-24mhz for dddac.

I have 4 doublers, one is finished for 5-11mhz. I will wait with the others to see what the most used doubling frequency will be.

I also bought me a 200mhz digital scope to replace my old tektronic 35mhz analog scope, I should have done this much sooner, the digital scope is much easier to use and has some nice features (and they are not so expensive)

Have fun soldering your boards guys. It is very rewarding!

Attachments

• D8A1BE1F-47EE-4E4D-B7CD-97B3E6F04ECD.jpeg
    D8A1BE1F-47EE-4E4D-B7CD-97B3E6F04ECD.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 357
I’m still waiting for mine.It left two weeks ago and I’m a neighboring state.

I apologize, it looks like SDA has some delivery delay.

I have chosen between SDA and DHL in order to get the cheaper delivery option, that's the reason I have used SDA for some countries and DHL for other countries.

Next time I will use DHL only, but unfortunately it's a little more expensive.

I apologize, it looks like SDA has some delivery delay.

I have chosen between SDA and DHL in order to get the cheaper delivery option, that's the reason I have used SDA for some countries and DHL for other countries.

Next time I will use DHL only, but unfortunately it's a little more expensive.
Andrea is fine. I don't worry about that much It just moving my plans a little bit.I do some things together with a friend who is a audio engineer.He measure and put into function all of my devices, and he doesn't have too much time.

The shipment is stuck between Milan and Zagreb and I haven't had any information for two weeks. I know I still have to be patient.