• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wolverine 4th Group buy

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Hi Guy's

Just a quick update,

The boards have arrived and they look great.

Please give us a few days to prepare for shipping, then you should receive your paypal request.

Not long now guy's thanks for your patience and support of the Wolverine project.

Attachments

• 20240531_061951.jpg
    20240531_061951.jpg
    641.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Thank You
Reactions: 4 users
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Here is a small update for the orders I am shipping. The Wolverine GB4 pcbs arrived a lot faster then was expected, and originally I was targeting mid June, which would of been around the same time as the flat plate heatsinks arrived. The heatsinks are still appx 7-10 days out. I will be starting to ship the board only orders at the start of next week, with the others to follow after.

Thanks!!

Reactions: 1 user
It'll have to wait until I finish the remodeling for a joint workshop and listening room later this year (hopefully) but I'm stoked!

I totally agree; it's been like Christmas day. Only it'll cost me a lot more than usual as I'm about to order two 5U 400mm, four transformers, kilograms of copper, capacitors etc..

Guys,

I need to order parts for my Wolverine power supply. I am going to use two (one for each channel) 500 VA toroidal transformers with dual 50 V secondaries hoping to get approximately 70 volt rails. I have two diyaudio Universal Power Supply boards. I've built an F4 and an F6 with this board in the past, but the Wolverine is a different beast. I am planning on at least 80,000 uF , 80 V capacitance for each channel. If I use 14 Pi resistors for each channel, what size resistor do I use? And will 3 watt resistors be sufficient? I'm going to use TO-247, TO-3P or TO-220 diodes on heat sinks (not the little square diode bridge rectifiers), but what values do I use?

Also, since I don't have access to the Quasimodo Tool or a scope or function generator, does anyone have values for input/output subbers that will get me most of the way there?

When I use the search box at the top of the diyAudio forum screen, it appears to search across all forums. Is there a way to limit the search to just the Wolverine forum? I figure there must be at least one person who built the power supply the way I want to, but I can't find anything related to the Wolverine thread.

Apologies for the all the questions. I freely admit that I am an implementor, not an electronics engineer (or any other kind of engineer). But the sonic results that you can get from building your own gear (as you know) is simply astounding and too hard to resist.

Best,

John

Hi John,

You'll get more coverage posting in the build thread here : DIY Class A/B Amp The "Wolverine" build thread

I think with a class AB amp its not recommended to use the series resistors in your power supply. More experienced builders will be able to explain why

I'm not sure if there are "blanket" snubber values that you can plug in. As above.

When searching, take advantage of these functions

Hey mainframe99,

Thanks for the information and suggestions. Also, I just stumbled into a message you sent me in reply to a question I had about output transistors back in May. I don't know how I missed it, but thank you.

Let me try your suggestions for searching, otherwise I'll reluctantly have to torture Andy and Stuart.

John

Hey Stuart... Team...

I have not received an alert or invoice to Paypal funds for my Wolverine order.
... Just making sure I am not missing out.

Big job 4 U guys... appreciate your kind dedication.

Estimated time frame for completion of notifications ?
... No urgency of course - patience Grasshopper.

Best Regards,
John in Arizona

Fireanimal ....

I received two Paypal payment requests from Jeremy as follows:
U-0YB33683HU312101X 6/14 @4:44 AM MCT-US
U-88W24986UV2251507 6/14 @4:37 AM MCT-US

Both for "diyAudio Wolverine Invoice 2x Wolverine IPS + 2x EF3-4 $55. 00 Shipping $5."

I originally requested one stereo set (2x Wolverine IPS + 2x EF3-4).
Looks like I was invoiced for two sets.

> If you have me down for (2) sets... that's OK - I'll pony up for the extra and pay both
requests for payment. If stock is limited and this was a mistaken double invoice - let me know
I will pay for only one. Would be glad to take (2) sets however.

Please advise.....

Best Regards,
John in Arizona

Last edited by a moderator: