Three way crossover question

What you do is not the way it should be done. Putting smaller and smaller resistance across the speaker is basically shunting an audio signal to ground.
But you are presenting lower and lower impedance to the amplifier. Not only this leads to higher distortion, but at higher power may damage amplifier.
If you want to attenuate some band after crossover going into speaker, use proper l-pad. It reduces the volume, but maintains constant impedance for amplifier.
See pic.
And btw what you describe 0.47 being louder than 2.2 ohm is nonsense.
I am using an L-pad. There is 5ohm resistor in series.

I don't know what the cause is but it's possible that the treble becomes dominant as the midrange goes below that level.

We discussed keeping the series resistor in place. As long as it is there it should allow experimentation.
Hi Allen,
I now understand how the resistor effects the sound. In the case of the resistor across the driver the lower resistance allows more of the signal to go to ground.

Reactions: 1 user
The outboard XOs are finally done and I love the sound.
DSC00249p6 xo 6.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if you made it intentionally, but the input of the woofer low-pass L3 should be connected to the Amp (+) connector and not on that side of the coil L2 of the Midrange. Basically, in your diagram the woofer sees a higher inductance (6.5mH) and the x-over frequency between WF and Mid is lower. The slope and the level defined by the coil L2 are slightly modified too. See diagram below.
1662940056492.png