• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TPA3255 Reference Design Class D Amp GB

Ok thank you.

You spoke of assembled board, any news of this ?

I am not that afraid of soldering smd components but a few in this build looks impossible without a air gun. Maybe a friend that is pro electronic could help me, but he lacks of time. So a complete board would be so much easier...

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Good news is that we will go with a USA based company as it is much easier to work closely with them without the time, language, and distance barriers. Pricing is higher but I think we are more certain that that the product will be using genuine parts.

GB Status Update and Pre-orders Starting. I am updating the interest list here, please let me know if you are still interested and I will put up a pre-order item in my shop for you to place orders for your fully built boards. The pricing will be $227ea. Shipping is whatever Etsy charges for a circa 10oz box as it is not going to fit in an envelope. My guess is $10 in USA, $18 to CAN and $25 to $28 to everywhere else.

xrk971 20 units USA
Mordikai 2 units USA
Rtep2007 1 unit CZR
Blossom 1 unit NZ
Grahamgraham 1 unit UK *DELETE*
jrosser 1 unit UK
redjr 1 unit USA
454Casull 1 unit CAN
Hallcon83 3 units USA

30 Units Total

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Hi Folks,
Please confirm that you are still interested in this GB for the fully-built amps (balanced differential input and BTL output with PFFB), and if anyone else wants to join in, that would be welcome. I hooked the amp back up tonight after some time out of the main system. It sure sounds great. So much power and ease of playing an inefficient 82.5dB speaker. I find that the THAT1646 pre-wired SE to Bal breakout board converters from Adafruit are really handy for taking usual SE signal from RCA or even a phone to allow them to play on a balanced input amp. In case you are wondering about the prices, note that the BOM alone, (all Mouser) is $105 for a single amp.

xrk971 20 units USA *YES*
Mordikai 2 units USA
Rtep2007 1 unit CZR
Blossom 1 unit NZ
jrosser 1 unit UK
redjr 1 unit USA
454Casull 1 unit CAN
Hallcon83 3 units USA

Last edited:
I see from some of your images you are using an SMPS to power the class D amp. Two questions;

1 - Do you recommend a SMPS, or will a linear PS work as well? And,
2 - What is your recommended voltage of the PSU?

I have either I could use, but may do a little advanced planning based on your recommendations.