Tube I/V stage

here is an interesting picture where you can see a comparison of how much space is occupied by the analog and digital stages (including power supplies) in a good DAC

Attachments

• grunf dac1.jpg
    grunf dac1.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: 1 user
Try opa861 for i/v then if you need put a buffer tube....
So far I have no intention, I somehow prefer the AD811 and I think it performs better as an I/V than the OPA861.
It is true that neither of them is easy to implement as I/V, especially AD811 which is a video op.amp. and needs a small heatsink at higher voltages.

Attachments

• High_Performance_Audio_Stages_Using_TransZ_Amps.pdf
    423 KB · Views: 148
Last weekend I finally removed the last IC regulator (ADM7151) from the power supply of the PMD100 filter. (pin 22 (VDD2)-interface )
Now all regulators are modified discrete shunt type for PCM1702 and PMD100. Unfortunately, I do not have measuring equipment at home with which to compare discrete regulators and IC reg. In the DAC itself, if I look with an oscilloscope, small differences are noticeable on pin 22, where noise of ~5MHz or ~12MHz is present, depending on whether the DAC is in 'mute' or not.
However, the difference in sound is noticeable regardless of the fact that this regulator is only for PMD100 interfaces.
It's hard for me to describe the change, especially in English, but the sound is more natural, more dynamic, vocals and piano sound wonderful(y)
The next goal is to make the same regulator but for +/-10V for the test I/V stage with the AD811.

Attachments

• grunf dac.jpg
    grunf dac.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 93
  • grunfov dac1.jpg
    grunfov dac1.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 2 users