Using stereo sound card to create a mono 2 way active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks aczern,

I have just been fooling around with both Foobar and the free VSTHost. From what I can see the Foobar crossover plugins seem to not let you apply different filters to L and R (like J River does). I had a look at the split equaliser plugin which does allow separate control of L & R, but the max cut is 20dB which is not enough.

Audacity will let me make the changes to tracks but I have to actually process each required track and save it. What I need is an audio player (like foobar, jRiver et al) that will let me process with a filter, left and right channels separately.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I used to use the free (music only) version of JRiver, the Jukebox. But I don't believe even the most recent versions have all the DSP.

Since I have the full version, all that DSP is handy when needed.

You might look at convolution, you could do a crossover that way. Once you have the impulse files, it's all in the text script to drive the thing. There is a Foobar plug in, if needed.

Tell me what frequencies and slopes you want and maybe I can generate the impulse files for you.

Should look into foobar 2000. It can downmix and do iir filters

HI Greebster, are you saying that I can get foobar 2000 to apply different filters to L & R? I did fool around with it for a while but was not able to see how to achieve that.

There was an earlier suggestion to try a free 'audio only' version of JRiver.....not sure which version that is but I presume it is JRiver Media Jukebox 12.0.534.

So I may give that a go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.