Valve DAC from Linear Audio volume 13

Unfortunately OT, but...

Oh, I don't found anything with this name or the acronym. Only menu I found is one called "Conversation". This is the private one now?
Or, if one are out for too much time, some functions are disabled (less privileges)? Today I'm back after more than a year inactive (and used too little the site after the update).

Some thoughs about the versions I'm choosing:

Like I said, at first, I'm thinking about the DSD-only version but, leadberry have one complete project board so I'm then decided for the complete version. Even if I cannot plug all itens at very first, it will be possible to test with DSD first, so is an advantage.
Yesterday I made the Loki DSD DAC to work (the DIYINHK simply refused to receive DSD; more investigation is needed). And this generates the signal with proper frequencies (2.822MHz family). So, I can feed it with DSD if needed.

About the AK4137 version.... since this is a very long thread, I'm not real all postings, I don't know if anyone succeeded with this version?
I'm seriously think about it, but I hit my digital brickwall (for a analog/hardware guy like me), since it only permits to use DSD in software mode. So, if nobody makes this version, I'm unable to do it.

But, in any case, the very optimized filters and modulators in original version are very compelling (and far more advanced than the ones in the AK4137), so seems to be a wortwhile investment for a high-quality DAC. Just meanwhile, I'm will test a "NOS" DAC ("NOS" because the digital filtering will be in the PC) using old legacy chips; the very same digital filtering subject/issue. I will use the PGGB filtering (the Foobar version). I'm eager to hear (or not) differences with all these implementation.

I could buy an LX45 module, program it and send it to you if you are willing to pay for it in advance; I don't want to make any profit, but I also don't want to take the risk that you don't pay and I get stuck with a module I don't need. You will then probably get a bill for Brazillian customs charges at some moment.

It might be cheaper (I don't know if it is, but it might) if you buy a module yourself and program it using the USB interface, like @rfbrw recommended in post #1939. You don't need a JTAG programming cable with the USB method. I have no experience with this method of programming the modules, but rfbrw has.

Last edited:
It might be cheaper (I don't know if it is, but it might) if you buy a module yourself and program it using the USB interface, like @rfbrw recommended in post #1939.
I don't know that I would recommend it as it is a low level approach, not quite command line, but a bit involved especially if you have to do anything with the USB firmware first. Xilinx lab tools and a JTAG cable is a lot easier.

I'm finally decided for the MarcelvdG help.

About the EF80, used above the crystal oscillator: I have a lot of EF184. It have 3pF more g1-k capacitance (presumabily due to frame grid), but gm and g1-g2 µ are higher (and are pin comaptible). I can try, and try to adjust if the something differs, watching the results. If I'm unable to "tame" it (fearing about the higher gm and instabilities), then I buy some EF80.

It might be cheaper (I don't know if it is, but it might) if you buy a module yourself and program it using the USB interface, like @rfbrw recommended in post #1939. You don't need a JTAG programming cable with the USB method. I have no experience with this method of programming the modules, but rfbrw has.

It is a very easy method, I have done it many times...