Vinyl is good for your health

Ah ah ah Boston! I don't like much (though I may have watched a video posted around here that I think he was part of the group- Boston - talkin' about techniques for mastering LPs---very informative )
My first LP I bought was Business As Usual ((though I may have watched a video posted around here and found 'connections' from famous groups from the'70s, probably Lynird Skynird but probably not...ah ah )

The 45’s sounded MUCH BETTER overall
Been listening to A Moon Shaped Pool by Radiohead
Not my favourites, again... but the usual LP was indeed 2 discs at 45 RPM and it sounds (present tense) better...at least I could hear infrasonics Ha aH !
Near infrasonics...what do you pretend from a 6.5" ?! Two, yes

BTW the 2nd LP I bought was Rio - ehm, Duran...Duran

Mainly because every twenty minutes I have to get up out of my chair and either turn the record over or go to the shelf and pick something else
I spend a lot of time in my car, do you think I will be healthier if I use the vinyl?

Attachments

• IMG_3659.png
    IMG_3659.png
    538 KB · Views: 26
Joined 2019
Paid Member
LPs never did anything good for my health. Is that mistracking or the disc? Oh, it's the disc. Is that distant gunfire in the recording or the disc. Oh, it's the disc. Is that the surf I can hear in the distance? No it's the disc.

And so on. All on discs purchased new in stores.

I for one welcomed our digital overlords with open arms. Though I do regret the loss of the gatefold sleeve and legible liner notes...

Joined 2019
Paid Member
There is a bit of a write-up on Analog Planet of my system if interested
Yikes. That's some serious TT. Vinyl can offer some very good playback but you have to be prepared to spend to get the best out of it.

My experience was that I was unable to hear my way around the inadequacies of vinyl and was really fed up with trying to get 'clean' pressings of the music I wanted.

As DACs improved what I would have spent on a really good MC cartridge would get me a meridian CD player that gave me superb CD playback.

So I went full on CD, stopped buying vinyl, though I kept what I had and the TT etc.

These days I rip CDs and have ripped most of my vinyl as flac and I'm content to stream through a good DAC.

I was happier too...