What are you Watching?

Yeah. You should watch season 1 of the watchmen. That also covers the Tusla massacre of 1921.

I'm trying to get into Raised by Wolves, and Devs.

I caught Watchman earlier, and quite enjoyed it much more than the Snyder movie, but just couldn’t “get” Raised by Wolves. For the life of me I’m trying to remember the last work with Ridley’s participation that didn’t feel like a complete waste of time and pixels.
So why exactly did I sit through the whole mini-series? Blame retirement and the current pandemic, I guess.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
"The Walking Dead - World Beyond"

It is absolutely terrible. The story, the writing, and especially the acting. My wife and daughter keep saying "maybe it'll get better..."

So I suffer through it. Actually, I find myself laughing - it is that bad. I don't think they intended it to be a comedy. Sort of like Tommy Wiseau's "The Room" but at least that was "so bad it was good".

"Scandal in Sorrento" -- Sophia Loren and Vittorio di Sica from 1955. Won an honorable mention at the Berlin Film Festival. It was a part of a trilogy ("Pane, Amore..."). Free on Netflix:

I turns out that this film is not preserved on DVD for US audiences. I have sent messages to TCM and Criterion to put it in the lineup, but this will take years. Available for Europe only.

The film is definitely worth the time to view if you have NFLX, and one can see how Peter Sellers pulled out scenes for his film "After the Fox", and why he engaged di Sica for a part in the film!!!