What is the Universe expanding into..

Do you think there was anything before the big bang?

• I don't think there was anything before the Big Bang

Votes: 56 12.5%
  • I think something existed before the Big Bang

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • I don't think the big bang happened

Votes: 54 12.1%
  • I think the universe is part of a mutiverse

Votes: 201 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scientists don't know less than the smallest fraction ever discovered.

Science is the restriction from things we know, and without a final conclusion. It is constantly evolving.
Conscience is the liberation of all things unknown. It goes way beyond the borders of science.

Your ego can't handle truth. We are all shrinking!
Or has science today come full circle to a religion
above rational challenge and irrational mockery?

Consider the possibilty our snowglobe is the same
infinite size it always ever was. Precipitating space
and donuts mixed together from our most recent
big shake. Same thing as an expanding universe
with other nonsense substituted for the nonsense
of singularities.

I'll save the donut explanation for another day...

Last edited:
Yet again dualism prevents full comprehension.

As long as you continue to grasp onto the idea that the brain/mind is somehow separate from the universe, you will fail to realize what we can know about both (and how we can know it).
I couldnt agree more but your mind cannot be understood as its also infinite :). You also have to let go of that mind. Everything is mind made, the universe included.

The very nature of the universe makes no sense if you believe in einstein, relativity and quantic physics. It makes a sense, but you soon realize that the universe is within you. You are not in the universe, you create your universe sort of. But then again, there's no such thing as your mind, as its never really yours, never really definite, always changing, from moment to moment.

as the buddha said, theres absolute truth and relative truth. We could find exactly how the universe works, but what is the point? you will still suffer and die and forget all about it :).

As long as your bound to experience ``the universe`` thru your most common senses (mind included), you will not be able to see the true nature of reality.

I must admit though, Ive taken a lot of psychadelics and a breakthrough experience really puts everything in perspective. I used to be obsessed with the questions concerning the anture of reality, of myself ect. The only plausible answers ive encoutered is the buddha explanation of reality. but to be fair, he never talk about the universe, only about how the universe exist within your own mind and how to go beyond the limitation of your own mind.

Last edited:
hi
I believe deeply in this. I actually seen those multi universe. now for most people, I might sound insane, but in a dmt breakthough, I have seen thousands of universes that seemed to emmerge from the same space.
Also, the 3 dimension is totally annihilated in a dmt breakthough, you experience a reality which can be seen from all angles, at the same time. Sort of like a 4d * 10000. Its total freedom from any ordiary consciousness.
Sadly, or not honestly, our sense, our brain, is simply to limited to be able to perceive what is really out there. we can only grasp a fraction, not the entire picture.
crazy stuff, consciousness that is.
Multiverse Theory - Check it out from that above link; near the end.

* This is quite fascinating to live in a big 'elastic' - :wave2s: - one of the words used by another member earlier. ...Way of speech.

Last edited:
Hmmmm.... putting aside the drugs and whatnot for just a second and getting back to the physically measured expansion of the universe and what it's expanding into, it should be noted that everywhere is the center of the universe and that there is no edge

The universe, as man's observation capability, is 46 billion light years in radius, and has the shape of an egg on its side (perhaps).

Me, I've never seen it, and never expected seeing coming.

Universe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
All those moments will be lost in time...like tears in the rain... Time to die."
- Roy Batty ('Blade Runner')

Let me put it in laymans terms, The only way the universe could actually be what we perceive it to be would be in imagination. Just the odds of everything we know working in unison the way we perceive it would be so astronomical there wouldn't be a number for it. Imagine for a minute that instead of us evolving over millions of years into what we perceive as our fateful lives that in reality we really never did evolve at all? Imagine we're still those little squiggly things in the ocean except the ocean isn't really as we see it. It is in reality an ocean of nitrogen and we are hundreds of miles below the surface. So cold, So unmovable so hopelessly locked down that the only life we could ever imagine would have to be imagined? What would we imagine? A sunny sky? A star lit night? warmth? Colors that cover the Gamut of colors? Shapes of unlimited numbers? Bugs, Birds, Animals Plants of all shapes sizes and colors. That's my theory, Now I gotta hit the bong again, so enjoy your own Ideas of what it is, For that's exactly what it is... to me. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.