Wordle

It helped to see the locations of 3 of the 4 letters that I found in the first few guesses.
Wasn't expecting that word either. :rolleyes:

Wordle 255 4/6

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I must say you guys are smarter than me. I cannot disregard a correct letter in my next response. Sure you have a chance at getting one more letter but you've missed the opportunity to solve the puzzle. Like I said, smarter than me. :)
Not necessarily smarter, just different strategies. Sometimes I try to enter the "obvious" solution, only to realize that one position could be any of 3 or more letters.
But as I did in today's puzzle, I make a 3rd guess, just to try to eliminate more letters. It often leads to solving on 4th try. The downside, as noted, is that it could be solved earlier.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I must say you guys are smarter than me. I cannot disregard a correct letter in my next response. Sure you have a chance at getting one more letter but you've missed the opportunity to solve the puzzle. Like I said, smarter than me. :)
In the options there is Hard Mode. Check that box then you MUST use any correct letters in subsequent guesses.

I’ve was voluntarily do that myself but then realised there was an option to enforce it

Yes, I have a lot to learn of this game. It's more (and less) than Word Mastermind. I just cannot ignore a correct letter or even the incorrectly placed letter in my future responses. I fully understand both concepts but I can't feel comfortable doing it other than my way.

Wait I think I hear a song coming.

Hard option is interesting. Grasshopper has much to learn.

That is the real kicker for Word Mastermind. Seriously, this Wordle is a fun game but it's there for the masses. If you really want to scratch your head, try 'Word Game" aka Word Mastermind. See post 15 https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/wordle.382966/#post-6938804
It puts your skills to the test when you only know the number of correct letters, not which they are. That's why you can only do it with 4 letter words.

Dave imagine the word 'lull' in word game. I only do that to people I don't like.

Anyway I recommend you try it at least once. I spent many an hour on those rainy days in the cabin (cottage) just passing the time anyway we could.

Wordle is easily adapted to pen and paper by simply drawing a square around the correctly placed letters and a circle around the incorrectly placed ones. So still good when you are offline.

I wonder if this game might even go to 6 letter words and give 10 chances?

Anyway, I'm waiting for the word EERIE or ERROR to rear their ugly heads. Would they do that?

I wonder if this game might even go to 6 letter words and give 10 chances?

I ran across "Wordle Unlimited" (google it), which lets you select the number of letters from 5 to 10.
Here's an example where I tried 6 letters. It still allows only 6 tries.

After you finish the puzzle, you can pick "Enter" and reset a new puzzle. Unlimited each day it seems.

Attachments

• wordle_unlim.png
    wordle_unlim.png
    30 KB · Views: 49