World's biggest amp? check it out,

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don't think big amps are silly. You need a lot of power to get natural dynamic range. Especially if your speakers aren't over 95db. The problem seems to me is that the best sounding amps tend to be Class A which suck up a llot of power constantly.

A great sounding AB or "digital" amp of about 500 watts ch sounds useful to me!

peranders said:

I have seen the schematics, boy, you think that I'm the overkill guy? :yes:

He have removed all of his pages. I wonder why? :boggled:

Hi! I've all the schematics in some of my CD's. I'll find them and put the pictures here.

I lost the contact with Glen, but the amplifier is really BIG!!!
I got the input stage and the OPS schematic.
I have also the PCB's.
It has 3 voltages in the OPS.
Just great.

Please, hold 1 or 2 days!

Regards 4 all of U!:cool:

Pedro Martins

G said:
Not to change the subject but how do the Carver amps sound? I've seen a lot of the "cube" amp for sale on ebay. It seems to me that if they sounded that good that there wouldn't be so many for sale.

I had an M100t (if I recall correctly) and a friend had a cube. I can't comment on the sound- never really compared them to anything, but they were incredibly unreliable. Power supply components are under spec'd with the expected result.

My M100t used to make weird noises when connected to electrostatic speakers- it was probably oscillating but I never looked at it with a scope to confirm it.

The cube will probably become a collector's item one day, just based on its "first of its kind" electronic and mechanical design. It was impressive in its day.

MR

Not the biggest, but enough power for a seriou setup

Attachments

• pass%20amps.jpg
    pass%20amps.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 902