Yamaha RX-V1500 help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This amp is like quicksand and I've fallen in over my head (s#!t I went in head first 🤪). I'm just so sad because I love the way this sounds with my speakers, and after trying some of these mid quality units from my local b&m all sounding harsh, shrilly, and muddy I'm convinced that I'm gonna have to spend a fortune to get anything close to the SQ and power this unit has/had. Anyways I'm gonna keep at it and get you those measurements. Thanks again for all your help, I can't express how grateful I am, especially since you have hope for me even tho I don't even know what I'm really doing, well I understand the basics and know how to use test equipment but to be totally honest I'm googling what a 12 volt accessory does in a amp lol. I honestly didn't realize how little I know.

In my trade a 12 volt accessory is the circuit that powers up when you turn the key lol, or the item you connecting to it lol.

Thank you

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That 12 volt line in your amp (well actually negative 12 volts) is simply a low voltage and low current supply that is needed by the front end of the power amplifier.

All amps are different, and it is common to find amps that have several different voltage rails that are needed for correct operation... while other types might use just a single positive rail for everything.

...Look what I found while doing those measurements...
Before re-applying power, you may wish to remove the potential short circuit created by the collateral damage (snip it out). It'll cause confusion and further damage. :stop:

Yamaha_RX-V1500_SC_reduced.jpg

EBAY for Spares or Repairs is a viable option.

...It's definitely pushing DC out of the speakers because when I turn it on in diag mode it pushes my speakers(all 7 speakers) out to their limits.

And if you haven't already done so, please disconnect your speakers from the amplifier. :redhot:
Unless specifically requested, NO peripheral equipment should be attached to the amp during fault-finding. :eek:

Your speakers may be destroyed! :ghost:

Good Luck! :wiz:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.