Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

Thank you augerpro for your great work for the DIY community! Had a wave guide machined, and donated to your gofundme. Very happy with the result.

In my excitement to have the waveguide ready to go, I had it built too early on in my planning process. I've gone around in circles trying to find the correct mid for my three way, and decided the tweeter I'd chosen won't work given other constraints, mid driver size etc. The upshot is I need to swap out the tweeter to one that will cross lower.

What do I need to consider if using the SS D3004/660000 (6.5x1.2 rB SS) waveguide with a T34A tweeter? Will that work? I think the T34 waveguide is slightly shallower?

That's for the power rating! Resonance frequency is about 500Hz and the Waveguide will add some sensitivity ... no problem to cross at 2000Hz, very likely also 1800Hz is easy. What's your midrange?
Ah right! The datasheet is unclear with the “operating range” wording. I dug up the tech note on power handling. Thanks, I never would have guessed that. Midrange is Purifi PTT6.5M, the downside being you need to stay well away from 3k. Even with a 4th order slope at 2k there’s a nasty knee in the slope about 15db down.

Thanks for all the tips fellas, maybe I’ll stick with the SS with this waveguide then.

A small one that I posted T34A Small Waveguide

The bigger one that simulates better is printing now.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 8.49.58 AM.png

Trying to decide on the best strategy and material for the prototype

IMG_1280.jpg

Reactions: 2 users