Open source Waveguides for CNC & 3D printing!

Got it. The 6 inch files do have three tweeter mounting holes, whereas the 6.5 inch files do not. Unzipping 6x1 68 A T25 v2 stl.zip produces 6x1 68 A T25 v2.stl with a datestamp of September 25th 2022, whereas unzipping 65 vA step.zip generates 65 vA.step with a datestamp of June 7, 2022.

No big on my end, my setup works.

Reactions: 1 user
Visiting again in 15 hours :coffee:

Attachments

• IMG_0527.jpeg
    IMG_0527.jpeg
    362 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: 1 users
@fluid , what is the issue of strong contact on the surround?
On the Bliesma drivers the surrround is glued to the face plate and extents some way out from the roll. If a waveguide makes direct contact with the surround and it is tightened down enough it can cause the driver to misbehave and not perform as well as it can. @jcga had this problem early on when experimenting with waveguides. 3D printing has tolerances and it could be that the tolerance helps or hurts depending on where it is. I prefer to avoid finding out so in my designs there is either a small gap designed in or a spacer to put in place to make sure the surround isn't under pressure.

Other drivers don't seem to be designed in quite the same way. The SB26 you are looking to use does not seem to care and SB's own faceplate design does not avoid contact with the glued part.

Reactions: 1 user
Understood,

Wrt sb26adc, the surround is indeed glued to a plastic plate, and its (not very massive) faceplate then has a ring and 4 studs (protuding the same depth as far as i can measure) that sort of mount this plastic plate as well. All in all not a very solid/ridgid mounting.
I just measured the impedance of one of my wg versions, and i only see a resonance at ~ 5kHz, presumably from the centerbore which has no form of damping at all. To be further investigated.

I found one comparison, but this one does not have the low frequency, near field response merged with the far field. So disregard response below 220hz on my measurement. This was the Satori MW16TX and Bliesma T25B on waveguide.

View attachment 1308112

Why that big difference >7kHz? Klippel measurement >20kHz is for sure not correct - even the plain T25B is not straight to 50kHz.
What mic did you use? 50kHz has a BIG resonance, your mic seem to already dampen >35-40kHz?

Why that big difference >7kHz? Klippel measurement >20kHz is for sure not correct - even the plain T25B is not straight to 50kHz.
What mic did you use? 50kHz has a BIG resonance, your mic seem to already dampen >35-40kHz?

Klippel cuts off at 20hz and 20khz, so the response above and below that is just padding. OTOH I don't know that trust my mic cal file above 22khz, so the T25B on waveguide does have a rising response up high, but other than I can't really say how high the SPL actually is. I use an ECM8000 for measurements. I also have ECM6 and Sonarworks Ref 1 (I think that's the model). All very close with their cal files used.

Reactions: 1 users