Plan request: A Traped horn to go from 35(ish)-120 w/RCF L18P200

Hi,

I still don't know if the requested design for the RFC driver is for Home or Live but if for home:IMO a T-TQWT would be superior(size,performance...) if XO at 80 Hz using no HPF for the lower end and pushed close to a wall and corner.
First of the pictures.

FYI, The HR data(epa's) from post# 13 exported and processed and entered into HOLMimpulse program to show impact on excursion using suitable filters (limiting distortion due to exceeding x-max at 9.8mm).

Note: This TH suggestion(epa's) is IME very suitable for to be stuffed with damping materials of the very first third of the expanding 'horn' length as the throat area is comparable to driver Sd.
No more than maximum a dB would be lost at very low frequencies and a few at the upper boundary of the BW making this design converted to a true Hi-Fi TH if suitable cross bracings are included too : Second of submitted pictures.

b :)

Attachments

• RFC-L18P200N_T-TQWT_Music_Home_max.JPG
    RFC-L18P200N_T-TQWT_Music_Home_max.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 549
  • epa_RFC-L18P200N_xmax=9.8mm_xmech=18mm.JPG
    epa_RFC-L18P200N_xmax=9.8mm_xmech=18mm.JPG
    751.1 KB · Views: 528
Okay guys now i have to keep up here :)

fist of all this is going to be a PA sub, and there for the system must be able to take the ful 800w in order to reach max db wiht a minimum of distortion.

djk: I have a DCX2494 for processing and i don't think it can make the filter type your talking about. Also i don't know what Q=1 means in filter terms, i only know of the "Q" used in the Eq setings?

epa: Is you could design a new cab for me i would be great! As im not a expert carpenter, and have only done BR cabs befor and a "simpel" build would be best (more 90degres, and fewer odd angel cuts are better, but i have to learn it some day ;p)
in terms of size, if the outer mesurments can be kept to or under: 122 x 60 x 80 cm it would be good :)

Hope im not to much truble :)

Cheers Toby

Okay guys now i have to keep up here :)

fist of all this is going to be a PA sub, and there for the system must be able to take the ful 800w in order to reach max db wiht a minimum of distortion...
in terms of size, if the outer mesurments can be kept to or under: 122 x 60 x 80 cm it would be good :)

Hope im not to much truble :)

Cheers Toby

Still fishing in the DIYaudio pond with new design constraints? :rolleyes:
Do some homework and present your own design..Here is a quick attempt again:

b:)

Attachments

• 2xRFC-L18P200N_PA-box.JPG
    2xRFC-L18P200N_PA-box.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 487
Well that shure is some easy builds, A bit harder would not be a problem if the freq resp would end up better :)

Bjorno i would like to come up whit my own design, but right now i can only be online in a internet cafe = no hornrsp :(
you design look easy to, but i would like eacht box to only have one driver in it :)

Cheers Toby

Well that shure is some easy builds, A bit harder would not be a problem if the freq resp would end up better :)

Bjorno i would like to come up whit my own design, but right now i can only be online in a internet cafe = no hornrsp :(
you design look easy to, but i would like eacht box to only have one driver in it :)

Cheers Toby
hi toby
ive been playing with hr some more,but can't realy get it much beter.
the easyer the bild the less can go wrong.;)
i can adjust the height to make f3 lower or higher.
(usualy it plays ~1 or 2 hz lower than the sim)
lower = less efficient,higher = more efficient.
cab is ~60 wide 524 ltr wich is 50ltr less then your 60*80*120 sugestion.
lett me know if u wan't bild details:)

Well that must be the winner then :) If you have a more detailt plan you can just send it to my mail: lykkebovej3@hotmail.com or post it here :)

It looks like a easy build and should end up whit a good respons, do you have some ideas for prossesing?

Im not going to build this until sometime in july, as im in NZ right now traveling, but when im home agin i will start the build :)

BTW im gonna build it 122 high to make the cut sheed easy ;p

Thx for the help whit the box design :)

hi toby
122*244 sheet is not econimical.
you wont get 2 boxes out of 3 scheets,however if you take a 153(150)*305(300) sheet,you get 1 box out of 1 sheet with verry little left over.
i am shure you can get 150*300 in denmark(thats were you live ,right?)

when youre back home and decided on the sheet,ill provide you detail drawing an saw plan,and some tips.

one more thing,you are presumably use them 2 per side?
that means we make them according lenght to the f3 u want for 2 boxes

regards erik

depeinding on the final decision,hpf @30 hz 4th (or prefer 8th) order
lpf could be 120hz just before the delay peak
btw i changed the bracings a bit and put some deflectors in the coren, wich we can make from the left over sheet
see post 24

Last edited:
Well that must be the winner then :) If you have a more detailt plan you can just send it to my mail: lykkebovej3@hotmail.com or post it here :)

It looks like a easy build and should end up whit a good respons, do you have some ideas for prossesing?

Im not going to build this until sometime in july, as im in NZ right now traveling, but when im home agin i will start the build :)

BTW im gonna build it 122 high to make the cut sheed easy ;p

Thx for the help whit the box design :)
hi here are the plans and tips
tobiazz%20zaagplan%201.jpg

tobiazz%20zaagplan%202.jpg

http://www.xs4all.nl/~seijs22/tobiaz.rtf

Hey epa thx for alle your work!!

Sorry for not replying sooner...

as you said yes, im going to youd them in pairs, 2 a side, så if that has something to say :)

And i fund out were i can get those bigger sheeds, so thats no problem :) (just had nerver heard about them before :))

Im going to stat the build when i get back home to denmark in the ende of june, so it will stil be sometime before i can post som results :)

Thx for alle the help, now i just ned to find/make some plans for the tops to go wiht them ? any ideas? :)