• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ACA Mini "Almost Clone" Board

Joined 2007
Paid Member
*THIS GROUP BUY IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED *

This is an ACA Mini PCB with artwork designed by Mark Johnson following the Nelson Pass circuit. It is very close to the artwork released by Nelson Pass for the boards which were given to some lucky participants of the Burning Amp Festival. Mark was gracious enough to produce a number of his boards and give them away: I was one of those recipients. I have built the amp using this "Almost Clone" board and it works and sounds fantastic. It was suggested that a group buy for this "Almost Clone" board get started...so here we are.

This group buy will run with the quantity limited to 50, and the time limited to two weeks, whichever comes first. We will be shipping to addresses within the continental US during this first group buy. Depending of the success of this buy there may be another and the parameters may be broadened to include the rest of the world. For now I'm trying to keep this thing as simple as possible.

Photo's of a completed amp can be viewed in the ACA Mini thread #462

Of course you will be using the Nelson Pass article for a description of the circuit, build guide, and biasing instructions found at the beginning of the ACA Mini thread #1

Cost of the board will be $12 with $5 in shipping to an address within the Continental USA.

To purchase a board simply copy the post with the current list of names, add your name and quantity, update the total, and paste to new post.

This Group Buy will end on January 22, 2022 at 12:00pm EST

Thanks for looking,
Kevin

Last edited:
This is an ACA Mini PCB with artwork designed by Mark Johnson following the Nelson Pass circuit. It is very close to the artwork released by Nelson Pass for the boards which were given to some lucky participants of the Burning Amp Festival. Mark was gracious enough to produce a number of his boards and give them away: I was one of those recipients. I have built the amp using this "Almost Clone" board and it works and sounds fantastic. It was suggested that a group buy for this "Almost Clone" board get started...so here we are.

Pictured below is the artwork from Nelson Pass next to the artwork of Mark Johnson. There are slight differences the most important being that the potentiometers P1 and P2 work in the opposite direction of the original. This is extremely important and you will be reminded with a sticker on the board. You will be following Nelson's article for building and biasing the amp and where he says to turn clockwise you will be turning counter clockwise.

View attachment 1013455 View attachment 1013450

This group buy will run with the quantity limited to 50, and the time limited to two weeks, whichever comes first. We will be shipping to addresses within the continental US during this first group buy. Depending of the success of this buy there may be another and the parameters may be broadened to include the rest of the world. For now I'm trying to keep this thing as simple as possible.

Photo's of a completed amp can be viewed in the ACA Mini thread #462

Of course you will be using the Nelson Pass article for a description of the circuit, build guide, and biasing instructions found at the beginning of the ACA Mini thread #1

Cost of the board will be $12 with $5 in shipping to an address within the Continental USA.

Thanks for looking,
Kevin

Where do I sign up?? I'd like at least 1.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Kevin, I think I will fix the backwards-rotation mistake and create a new revision of the PCB, called "Rev.A". The initial risky-build boards in red epoxy, were called "Prototype Rev". I'll update the schematic too, so it says "Rev.A". And I'll remove the gigantic text "EXPERIMENTAL" from the bottom side of the board. Even though one member of the Orange group of risky-builders, really loves it.

bigred.JPG